Simple question about attaching my wah pedal to my board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple question about attaching my wah pedal to my board

This is kind of goofy but I just bought a new Furman pedal board (my first ever) and I want to know the best way to mount my cry-baby to the board? What works best? Thanks.
    E = Fb

most people i've seen mount everything but their wah pedal to the board.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Well, I found a website that sells a plate that mounts to the bottom with counter-sunk screw holes to create a completely flat surface for your velcro. Seems like a waste of money though for something that could be easily made.
      E = Fb

Comment

Get a 3/8ths thick piece of plastic, plywood, or plexiglass, cut down to size to fit under the wah between the wah's rubber feet, and velcro it so it sticks to your pedal board and your wah sticks to it.

Comment

You can make up your own little aluminum tabs drilled with one hole to mount where the rubber feet go and another to attach to the board. For smaller pedals I use bicycle chain links

Rudy
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I remove the rubber feet, and velcro the bottom to the board. The screws stick out about a 1/8 of a inch, but my wah dosent move so it isnt a issue....
            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Chemist View Post
              Well, I found a website that sells a plate that mounts to the bottom with counter-sunk screw holes to create a completely flat surface for your velcro. Seems like a waste of money though for something that could be easily made.
              The original Mounting Plates since 1994MP-1Please note: If your pedal has a battery compartment door, you will need to unsnap and remove the entire door/bezel from the original metal cover. Easy to do!•  Dunlop – wah, bass wah, signature series, Uni-Vibe, Rotovibe, early model volume pedals (with Cry Baby type housings) and vintage wahs made in the USA.Exceptions:  Not for Dunlop “Mini” series or “DVP” volume pedals series.  Not for some Dunlop 535Q’s with the controls on the bottom (see MP-5).•  RMC – most 2006 & earlier.  RMC’s that fit the MP-1 will have vertical lines running toe to heel on the rubber foot treadle pad and marked “instrument” on the right and “amplifier” on the left. The DC power jack is also on the right/input side.Exceptions: Some early RMC1 and RMC3 wahs from late 2000 to early ’01 (see MP-3) RMC’s built after July, 2006. (see MP-6 and MP-7).•  Thomas Organ wahs made in North America.Exceptions: Some 60’s and 70’s era Italian made wahs for Vox, Jen Crybaby and Thomas Organ. (see MP-2).•  Vox   Exceptions: Some 60’s and ’70’s era Italian made wahs for Vox, Jen Crybaby and Thomas Organ. (see MP-2).•  Pigtronix EP-1 – older model expression pedal with the “Dunlop” case.Exceptions: Does not fit Pigtronix VP-26U or the similar Moog EP-1.•  Area 51 – built from 2002 through the end of October 2009.•  MXR•  CAE•  Whipple•  WilsonMP-2Vintage Italian wahs. Fits some 1960’s and ’70’s era wahs made in Italy for Vox, Jen Crybaby and Thomas Organ. Certain models made in Italy use a slightly different hole pattern.  To determine if this fits yours… Remove the bottom plate and accurately measure the distance from the center of the top screw hole to the center of the bottom screw hole (along the same side). This should be 8-1/16″ (8.062″) for this mounting plate. SEE diagram in the “More Info” tab for details. The standard MP-1 listed above is 7-15/16″ (7.938″) so they are very close. Measure very carefully, center to center.MP-3Few RMC1 and RMC3 wahs from late 2000 to early 2001 that use a very unique type of case. These wahs have the following features: The top rubber pad is smooth foam (no lines), has a lightweight unpainted aluminum body and the base plate is heavier with a slight gold tone appearance.MP-5Dunlop 535Q’s with the “Q” control on the bottom. This mounting plate has access holes for the rotary controls on the bottom.  Newer models with the controls on the side would use the MP-1.  Please note: If your pedal has a battery compartment door, you will need to unsnap and remove the entire door/bezel from the original metal cover. Easy to do!MP-6•  Area 51  (built from November 2009 to the present)•  BBE•  Budda – Not for the “Bud-Wah” with the curved edges but we can possibly make one for it, contact us•  Eleca•  Friedman•  JAM Wahcko•  Mission Engineering – (Wah, Volume, Expression, Aero) •  MJM Guitar FX•  Modtone•  Moog EP-1•  Rocktron•  RMC -- Current RMC 1LE, RMC-10, RMC-11, RMC Joe Walsh models and older models built from July 2006 to about early 2010. Most of these pedals are distinguished by all these features: They are about 10″ long (NOT 10.5″)… the rubber foot treadle pad has no words on it and it has lines that run left to right… AND the power jack is on the left/output side.MP-7RMC’s that were built from late 2010 that have the longer 10.5″ length case.  These cases are also known as the “front loaded” design. Other RMC cases are only about 10″ long.Exceptions: Does not fit the RMC-1LE, RMC-10 or the RMC Joe Walsh model (see MP6).MP-8Xotic Wah and Volume.  This mounting plate fits the shorter case of the Xotic Effects Wah and Volume pedals.MP-00Moollon wah pedals with the same basic footprint as a typical Dunlop wah but the screw holes on the bottom are spaced slightly different.MP-72Fulltone MDV-3 V2 with the following attributes: • A shorter case than the old original DejaVibe • The switch inset near the heel • Serial number of 2892 or higher • Distance between front and back screw holes on the bottom are about 7.18" apart.  Note:  NOT for Mini DejáVibe 3 with serial # 2891 and lower.MP-75Fulltone MDV-3 with the following attributes: • A shorter case than the old original DejaVibe • The switch inset near the heel • Serial number of 2891 or lower • Distance between front and back screw holes on the bottom are about 7.45" apart.  Note:  NOT for Mini DejáVibe 3 "V2" (version 2) with serial # 2892 and higher.MP-89Fits some Fulltone wah and Deja Vibe MDV-2 pedals. Others use the MP-91 below. See diagram in the “More Info” tab to determine the model number you need.MP-91Fits some Fulltone wah and Deja Vibe MDV-2 pedals. Others use the MP-89 above.See diagram in the “More Info” tab to determine the model number you need.Note:  NOT for Mini DejáVibe 3 "V2" (version 2) with serial # 2892 and higher.MP-163_MP-EHFits some Electro Harmonix vintage wah pedals from the 1970's Continue reading

Long before Stompin' Ground started selling those, an HC forum friend made one for me for free. It works like a charm. I guess it depends on how anal you are. I like a custom plate to do the job right. But if you're not picky some of the other suggestions may work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                http://www.stompin-ground.com/products/sgwahplate.htm

Long before Stompin' Ground started selling those, an HC forum friend made one for me for free. It works like a charm. I guess it depends on how anal you are. I like a custom plate to do the job right. But if you're not picky some of the other suggestions may work for you.

Thanks...that was the site I found. I will probably go with one of those...
                E = Fb

Comment

Working...
                X