bbe sonic stomp through crate amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbe sonic stomp through crate amp

has anyone tried the bbe sonic stomp pedal through a newer crate amp? (gt,gtx,gtd,glx, or fw series.) i have a crate fw-120 212 combo and was wondering about the combination of the crate and the bbe together.

thanks,

a BBE 462 worked well in the loop of a BV 120..it really woked it up.

I prefer ther BBE 422..you'll need to hit Ebay for one of those..discontinued.

As far as your FW-120 combo and a BBE..your going to just try one and see. It'll either sound great or suck ass..sersiously.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I haven't had very many positive experiences with the Crate solid state combos, as the combination of fizzy distortion and low-grade speakers makes for an amp that can't be cranked up to band-friendly levels. However, if you are really interested in making the most of the Crate, I think I would look to something other than a BBE. I have a 362NR Sonic Maximizer in my recording rack, which I use for fine-tuning my tone after the preamps and EQs have done their part, but only for subtle tweaks. You would probably benefit from a good EQ rather than a BBE unit, if you want one device to do it all. After trying graphic EQ pedals, I switched to tube-based parametric models instead, and they really breathe new life into solid state preamps. I recently picked up an Electro-Harmonix Tube EQ pedal for running between a distortion pedal and a tube amp, and so far I'm very happy with it.

Even if you don't take the more expensive tube route, I think a good EQ would be more useful to you, whether parametric or graphic. A Sonic Stomp will be a one-trick pony that might sound good with the Crate but not with other amps you own down the road, but an EQ has many uses.
      Last edited by Inazone; 09-20-2007, 10:54 AM. Reason: I like to regurgitate misinformation!
      sigpic

Comment

Dude, a BBE is not a EQ..

But EQs ceratinly have their place too..

Try Both.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Dude, a BBE is not a EQ..
          Fixed.
          sigpic

Comment

well i only have a little 15 watt crate practice amp and i hate it so i wouldn't spend the money on it to make it sound better. but i have a bandmate who has a nice crate but its a tube/solidstate combo... his sounds really good with the bbe stomp boxes so i would venture that yours wouldn't be to bad either.

also search on youtube there is a guy who is playing with them through a gtx 120 and he sounds pretty good.. does anything from linkin park to 3 days grace and back to disturbed.

his sn is FMXsupasta
            Last edited by schecterfreak; 09-20-2007, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by schecterfreak View Post
              well i only have a little 15 watt crate practice amp and i hate it so i wouldn't spend the money on it to make it sound better. but i have a bandmate who has a nice crate but its a tube/solidstate combo... his sounds really good with the bbe stomp boxes so i would venture that yours wouldn't be to bad either.

also search on youtube there is a guy who is playing with them through a gtx 120 and he sounds pretty good.. does anything from linkin park to 3 days grace and back to disturbed.

his sn is FMXsupasta
              thanks for the info i'll check out youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydog View Post
                thanks for the info i'll check out youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  ????????

Comment

Working...
                  X