No announcement yet.

Ripped Speaker Paper & Madison Cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you may not hear a difference at lower volume levels but if you isolate it or crank it up you certainly will. You can put a mic in front of t and record it, then move the mic to a different speaker and record it and listen back...you'll hear the crude.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Outlander View Post
      We used to use rubber glue, worked great. Formed a good bond and was flexible
      Great info as usual fellas!! So, the rubber glue worked eh? Any special kind? Just use the glue and nothing else?

Thanks-Jack.

Comment

We just used the common type that all schools used to supply for various craft and report projects. Office supply stores should carry it and maybe walmarts.
        Use it sparingly you don't want too much of a glob on there. One thin coat on the front, and the back as well if possible.

Comment

Cool man!! I will give that a try

Jack

Comment

Had a chance to do this? I am about to try and fix one that a finger went through, would like to know what works. The tissue/elmers sounds good, but I had always heard the RTV silicon from people I trusted - though I never used or saw one repaired that way that I am aware of.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Try silicone, it'll flex

Comment

Well, I did it the elmers and tissue way. I am pretty impressed. It was a fairly large tear ~3" and in the end, held really well. It didn't seem to affect the tone at all to me, but I sold it anyway and disclosed the tear/repair. He swore the two speakers sounded different and he could hear it, the thing went for $80 - two Celestion G12T-75 and a peavey combo cabinet, so it's not a big gain or loss for either of us.

I'd say that I'd always be watching that speaker and maybe blame it for some poor sound, but realistically it turned out OK and the tonal impact was minimal or insignificant. I get enough bad grounds, shorts, scratchy pots and bad cables and dead batteries in equipment that I wouldn't worry about a repaired speaker.
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I didn`t do mine yet, because it hasn`t affected the tone, even cranked!! I guess I got lucky. I will fix it, if it starts sounding like shit though

Jack

Comment

check this repair out

Comment

Working...
                    X