Rocktron Prophesy II Pre-Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron Prophesy II Pre-Amp

I'm interested in getting one of these so I'd like to hear from anyone who owns one, has owned one, played one, etc. Really like to get feedback on the tone of it, what power amp it was paired with, etc. Thanks!

I think my friend has one and I'll be playing with him tonight - I'll try and get some more details later or tomorrow

Comment

Well, its a VERY famous preamp. Dont know if this is the exact same version but Dave Mustaine used it. Herman Li and one of the Judas priest guitarist use it. Among JCF'ers if I'm not wrong, Pete (twisteramps) has used it.
      Sam

Comment

I've gotten interested in this too. I have an original Chameleon. It is alot to learn, it is extremely... deep, for a lack of a better word, but the sounds are amazing after you get the hang of it. I have wondered how much better the Prophesy would/could be or if it was simply easier to program.
        "... and is there anyone out there who can sing music beyond either the Dead/Phish/jam band of the week

or

obscure B-side GreatWhiteLionSnake demos recorded in the basement of some guy who was the girlfriend's second cousin's in-law's best man?

I swear to God, if we audition another American Idol wannabee or have another no show, I'll turn postal. I'm a donkey on the frickin' edge."

Comment

Hmm I lied he has Prophesy I's

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
            Hmm I lied he has Prophesy I's
            I know that the Prophesy I can be upgraded to the Prophesy II presets. If you get a chance to ask him, that would be great.

I know that it's the preamp that Mustaine uses/used as well and the Prophesy II has some of his own presets in it. I'll check out Harmony Central and see some reviews over there, but if anyone here has an opinion on it that would be great! Thanks...

Comment

We played a lot with it using clean tones and really low-gain blues tones. It certainly kills my ValveKing in the cleaner department, but I didn't get a chance to try it with more distortion

Comment

Had the Proph II for a few months. Tweaked until my tweaker got tired of tweakin. It is deep. More than most guitarists have use for... unless you're also a studio guru. I rented it out a few times to associates for recording purposes. I played out with it once.

Short and the long of it is... Unlike a lot of other effects processors, it does spillovers nicely. It is the best recording unit I have ever heard in it's price range. But it is an absolute tone sponge live when pushing an amp + mic'ed cab. If you use it live, go direct. It tends to make all of your guitars, no matter the pickups, sound very much alike. These were my personal experiences w/it, good and bad.

I sold mine and replaced it w/the Zoom G9.2tt. I haven't looked back since.
                Last edited by T@rgetDrone; 09-23-2007, 10:58 PM.
                In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Sorry to revive an old thread...

what's the difference between the original prophesy and the prophesy II? Thanks
                  Sam

Comment

Prophesy I is really no different than Prophesy II other than the presets and cosmetic details. I had the Prophesy I but upgraded to the prophesy II presets which are definitely an improvement. You can do a search to find my review of the unit. A few people here love the Prophesy, and while it is a very nice unit, I went back to using my Rocktron Piranha.

[edit] I used the Prophesy for my contribution to a JCF jam, which you can download here: http://bert690.googlepages.com/

The patch I used was before I upgraded to the Prophesy II presets. I think it was one of the ones with the auto-wah. The recording was made direct (no amp / cab / mic). [/edit]
                    Last edited by Bert; 03-07-2008, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X