No announcement yet.

Cheap Guitar Cabs with Celestions ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Guitar Cabs with Celestions ????

Guys, what are some of the best buys on the market for cabinets of any size that come or came with Celestion speakers? I am interested in all sizes with emphesis on 2x12`s and 4x12`s. I have heard older Crates, but what else do you reccomend? Preferably with British made Celestions. Used Marshall prices seam to stay to high, probably because of the name of course

Thanks-Jack.

Old Ampegs, but make sure they aren't new Ampegs. They are particle/chipboard with wimpy chinese speakers. Te one I had weighed like 30 lbs loaded and it was a 4X12.

Surprisingly it sounded ok. I think the input jack plate says "by SLM" or something like that on it.

The old ones from the 80s have G12-75 speakers typically.

I had a Rivera with Eminence that I kind of wish I hadn't sold. It was fuzzy carpeted, but was built very well. Sounded great!

I'd pick Carvin too, but likely wouldn't have Celestions.

Maybe ADA?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Brand new Framus cabs sound really, really good, are loaded with V30´s and are very affordable. At least here in Europe, I´m not sure how it is over there in the states. I use their 2x12´s now and couldn´t be happier.

Comment

avatar...seem relatively cheap and will install any celestion you want

Comment

There was a British company in the 80's called Pro-Former that sold Celestion-loaded 4x12's (I have one) - basically cost $10 more than the 4 speakers alone! Great deal back then, sure they're cheap as hell now because no one would guess there were good speakers in them...
          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
            Guys, what are some of the best buys on the market for cabinets of any size that come or came with Celestion speakers? I am interested in all sizes with emphesis on 2x12`s and 4x12`s. I have heard older Crates, but what else do you reccomend? Preferably with British made Celestions. Used Marshall prices seam to stay to high, probably because of the name of course

Thanks-Jack.
            I just recently scored the deal of a life time by purchaseing two early to mid`80's Randall 4x12 straight front cabs loaded with the original Rola-Celestion G12-65 watt speakers for $350. for both cabs!! These are the speakers that Celestion recently reissued under the british made "Heritage series" and the originals are considered quite collectiable at the moment. These Randall 4x12's are the exact same model that George Lynch used (and endorsed) on the "Breaking the Chains" tour in`84

Comment

got a peavey 4x12 cab with celestions for $110 used. you could look at used deals and see what you can get your hands on.

Comment

I bought a Carvin 4x12 off a bud for 100 bucks back in 91, still have it its an 82 and came with 4 150 watt Celestion sidewinders .

MOSH ON
                DAVE
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Check used gear stores for Kustom 4x12 cabs they have them.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Great info fellas!! I definitely want British made Celetions in them, so Avatar isn`t going to work unless they made them 10 years ago ?
                    Obvioulsy a good old Marshall will do for the right deal!!

Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Can anyone here sit in front of an amp cab and honestly be able to tell the difference between a British or Chinese made Celestion? I'm almost positive I couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        Can anyone here sit in front of an amp cab and honestly be able to tell the difference between a British or Chinese made Celestion? I'm almost positive I couldn't.
                        HAHAHAHAHA - yeah, i agree....
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The tone isn`t my point. I am just sick and tired of companies pulling up ship and leaving their home countries for cheap labor. I would hope the out British friends feel the same way? As a side, I live in PA and refuse to buy another Hersheys product since they went to Mexico. Our country and others are being sold down to the toilet all in the name of cheap labor and $$$$$$

Jack

Comment

you telling me they don't even make chocolate in hershey any more? That's crazy. I am pissed!
                            Or are they "no longer growing" in the US? Still sucks.
                            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                              you telling me they don't even make chocolate in hershey any more? That's crazy. I am pissed!
                              Or are they "no longer growing" in the US? Still sucks.
                              Actually that is a good question!! I do know they started years ago haveing the Kisses made in Mexico, but not sure if they still made them here as well. I know a go told me yesturday that Hershey bars are being made in Mexico, but her again, not sure if they are being made there and here or??? I will check into this more and get back to ya!! I am just sick of what is going on in this country. They really are trying to kill the middle class

Jack

Comment

Working...
                              X