No announcement yet.

Cheap Guitar Cabs with Celestions ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a Heath bar plant a short distance from where I live and I had a friend who worked there for awhile. I'm not sure if they make more than Heath bars, though.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
      . They really are trying to kill the middle class

Jack
      I don't think they want to kill it, but sometimes when you squueze a golden goose until it passes out, you've gone too far, and it dies on you.

All we do in America now is print more money so everyone has some to flip real estate or be the middleman with. Gee I wonder why the dollar is worth less (two words) now?

Pisses me off when people yell about wanting to protect American jobs/economy is "not thinking globally" and jingoism, or isolationism. It's about being self sufficient as a sovriegn entity.
      Last edited by 442w30; 09-23-2007, 12:09 PM.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
        Guys, what are some of the best buys on the market for cabinets of any size that come or came with Celestion speakers? I am interested in all sizes with emphesis on 2x12`s and 4x12`s. I have heard older Crates, but what else do you reccomend? Preferably with British made Celestions. Used Marshall prices seam to stay to high, probably because of the name of course

Thanks-Jack.
        SLM in crate BTW

Comment

+1 on the Ampeg cabs...

Comment

Yes, Ampegs ..absolutely. I bought four Ampeg cabs in '91 that came with the Ampeg VL-100 Lee Jackson. They came with either 75's or Vin 30's for one hundred dollar more. After a A/B comparison I chosed the 75s. Zakk actually endored them and was on the cover of the brochure...same time he was doin' Morleys..

John still has two of them.

They sounded every bit as good as my newer Marshall cabs I have at home...they sound damn close.

The BEST sounding cab I even owned was a late 80's Peavey loaded with 80 celestions. I ran my Marshall 2210 with it, and gave it a very tight, chunky low end. I wish I still had that cab!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Lots of other cabs fit your needs:

Laney old AOR cabs 2x12's and 4x12's
              ADA 2x12's
              KMD 4x12
              Gallien Krueger made 2x12's and 4x12's
              Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
              Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Laney and Framus cabs are cheap enough and come with celestions. I've got a Laney and its a well built cab for sure and it sounds good.

Comment

Framus cabs are actually "cheap"???..
                  I would never thought that...I never priced one.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by SDMFERFOREVER View Post
                    SLM in crate BTW
                    Yes, the Saint Louis Music speakers in Crates are actually pretty good. Some Crates do have Celestions, though.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by SDMFERFOREVER View Post
                      SLM in crate BTW
                      Was... past tense.
                      SLM (St. Louis Music) sold out and no longer exists.
                      They were bought out in 2005 and Crate stuff is now made by LOUD Technologies Inc.

All their shit is made in China now.

My older Crate 2x12 cab had Celestions in it.
                      Weighed a fucking ton too.
                      -Rick

Comment

You guys rock I will start looking for something now

Thanks-Jack

Comment

the celestions in randalls i thought were the G70's or at least thats whats in mine.

Comment

The Green Trace Elliot guiar cabs from 7-9 years ago had Vintage 30's in em as well....
                            there is one in my GC for 299
                            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Todd... which GC is that cab at?
                              -Rick

Comment

Those ADA split cabs can usually be found pretty cheap. I sold one a couple of years ago for about $90 and it had Celestions. I figured I did okay since I paid $75.
                                Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
                                X