DOD or DigiTech or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
    If the amp you're going thru has decent tone to begin with (and some gain), you can't go wrong with a Digitech Bad Monkey. Least expensive pedal I own that I wouldn't get rid of.
    +1. I run one for lead boost, through my Laney AOR, and love it. Wouldn't sell mine either. Was dissapointed in the Hot Head pedal, though, but I really dig the Digitech Distortion Factory. Lot of cool tones to be found in there.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

IMO the best distortions would be the boss digital metalizer or the digitech metal master, but its all on your style. i like low ended metal

Comment

Dragging a Old thread out,But I have "had" a DOD Death Metal Pedal(ok it was $25.00 new!!) "had"a Digitech Metal Master,and I have a Boss Metal Zone.The DOD was really noisy,and the Digitech was a Modeler,,I want MY own sound,not someone elses! I have had a OLD DOD (Color was Red) Distortion pedal I got in 1989,and I had a Ibanez Thrash Zone Back in the day The Boss is somewhat Nasaly,BUT with the Boss EQ (Like stated above)it is just WICKED!!!
        HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
        Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
        (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
        Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
        Boss TU-2
        2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
        1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
        1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

Comment

Working...
        X