Sampling Device Help Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sampling Device Help Needed.

I need a device where I can record some samples on.
    It needs to be triggered via a footswitch, with a send jack to a PA,
    with the samples stored in banks.
    It only needs to hold about 20 samples/maybe less.
    Not to expensive.
    I want to add some intro samples before some of our songs.
    Thanks

In my band we use a Roland SPD-S sample pad for this purpose, triggered by the drummer...

The Boss RC-50 looks like it would do what you want, the RC-20 and RC-20XL lose the samples on power off and don't have enough patches...

Comment

I picked up a used Boss SP-202 Dr. Sample today.
      Got it with a 4mb sim card and adapter for $150
      Just what I needed.
      Very easy to use.
      I just got to figure out how to trigger it via midi from my GT-5.
      Time to start reading.
      http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools...bossSP202.html

Comment

always have used an ipod triggered by the drummer, as have many of my pals

CORRECTION-was in a band once where the singer recorded some stuff with keys/synth with his boss sampler too...

Comment

In my band we use a Tascam mini-disc recorder. Our drummer triggers it and we use use it for intros to songs, keys in songs that have them since we don't have a keyboard player. Its very stable live. He ads a click track to it and only he hears it through one ear bud. With this we are now doing stuff like Dream Theater's Pull Me Under, intro to Mr. Crowley, recently added Trans-Siberian Orchestra, the middle keys part to Still Of The Night, Van Halen Dreams, and more! It wasn't cheap tough, about $550 new.

Rudy
          www.wickedrocks.com
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Funny. I was just thinking about getting something like this, as it seems we are adding more and more songs that could use it. We are currently doing Queen and David Bowie - Under Pressure, and could use it for the claps, snaps, and keys.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
              In my band we use a Tascam mini-disc recorder. Our drummer triggers it and we use use it for intros to songs, keys in songs that have them since we don't have a keyboard player. Its very stable live. He ads a click track to it and only he hears it through one ear bud. With this we are now doing stuff like Dream Theater's Pull Me Under, intro to Mr. Crowley, recently added Trans-Siberian Orchestra, the middle keys part to Still Of The Night, Van Halen Dreams, and more! It wasn't cheap tough, about $550 new.

Rudy
              www.wickedrocks.com

This is all new to me so I figured I would start cheap.
              It's funny that since I got this little sampler I find myself
              while listening to music or watching TV
              going "oh- that would make a cool sample.

Comment

Our drummer has computer programs so we can use midi tracks which we download off the net. He uses his programs to pick the right instruments (horns, violins, keys, whatever it may be) and also can drop the song so we can play in Eb instead of standard tuning. He ads a click track and thats it. He knows a lot more about that stuff than I do. Its allowed us to do songs we never could before. I mean, c'mon, Dream Theater and Trans Siberian Orchestra

Rudy
                www.wickedrocks.com
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                X