Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I pre-ordered my Spider Valve Head today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I pre-ordered my Spider Valve Head today!!

I can't wait for this thing!! They're saying 2-4 weeks to shipment. Now the waiting begins... I also ordered the FBV Express to go with it - just the basics on this one - 4 channel recall/memory access, volume/wah pedal, tuner access, and tap tempo. That should be plenty for me.

I'll be taking my Recto and G-Major to their new home on Thursday, so it's back to the POD/Poweramp rig for a bit, but I played it for a while tonight, and it was actually (GASP!!! ) really inspiring! I don't know what it is with me and Line 6, but it just makes me want to play more, and play better. Maybe it's just because I have the tweaking nailed down and I'm always able to get good sounds out of them all the time.

I did go back to GC the other day AGAIN to play through the Spider III combo again, and mess around with the preamp to find the tones I was hoping I could get - I did. I tried one out a week ago and was fairly impressed, and I guess it wasn't just a fluke. The good news - the combos should be shipping in the next week or so, so I'll be able to get down and check one of those out. If I hate it (I know I won't, but...), I'll be able to cancel my order since the head will be the last to ship.

Anyway, I'l get a review out as soon as I can. Just so you know where I'm coming from - I've loved Line 6 since the first time I tried them. I've owned all the Flextones - I, II, & III, the HD (3 times!!), the POD, POD 2.0 & 2.3, POD XT, POD Pro, Floor POD Plus, and the first Spider. Haven't had the Vetta, but don't want one. Reason: I had the POD XT and spent all my time tweaking and none of my time playing. Dumped it, and went back to the POD 2.3. The Vetta would be the same animal I'm afraid. I like knobs, not menus, so the older Flextone-based stuff is more my speed.

NOW...the POD X3...

I thought the Head isn't available till 12/07?
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
      I thought the Head isn't available till 12/07?
      I think it's been moved up - my order said to expect 2-4 weeks. I can't comment beyond that. I hope it's right though!

Comment

I hope so too. Once I hear it, if I like it I plan to sell off my busted 5150, Laney AOR 100 and Spider II to pick one up.

Please post a review as soon as you can. I'll be awaiting.
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

Banana's claims to already have them..at least the ad says in stock.

Comment

I hope so too. Once I hear it, if I like it I plan to sell off my busted 5150, Laney AOR 100 and Spider II to pick one up.

Will do!! I'm pretty excited about it. I thin a lot of people are writing it off just because of the "Spider" moniker. I don't think this is you kiddies' Spider though... The more I've been reading about it, the more I think it'll kick ass. It's got all the basic things I need and nothing extra. I know I can make the amp models work for me, so I should be set.

Originally posted by daisp View Post
            Interesting... I wonder how that works... And who the heck is Banana?

Comment

Just of interest, how much are these going to cost? And I would also love a review when you get it, as I'm also thinking about one.

Comment

I've always thought the lil spider III's had awesome sound especially for metal when I played thru them at GC. but when I tried the same amps at a smaller guitar store, they did quite make that impression. Only then I realised that in the San jose GC, they have these amps sitting in shelves instead of stacking one on top of the other; and these shelves are giving the paritally open-back amps a closed back feel ...with the pronounced bass response which I seemed to like.
                Sam

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                  Interesting... I wonder how that works... And who the heck is Banana?
                  bananas.com. CharvelRocker, here's the complete list of spidervalves available from bananas.com.

http://www.bananas.com/productlist.a...tring_Line%206

1x12: $699
                  2x12: $829
                  Head : $799

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                    Only then I realised that in the San jose GC, they have these amps sitting in shelves instead of stacking one on top of the other; and these shelves are giving the paritally open-back amps a closed back feel ...with the pronounced bass response which I seemed to like.
                    My buddy who swore by the old Flextone for live shows put good speakers in the cabs and sealed them up - it did WONDERS for his sound. It's a great idea if you're handy about those things.

I think I'll get plenty bass response with my Recto cab though!

Comment

I know. The closed back does wonders for a lot of SS amps. I had a crate with a open back which sounded awful through the speakers but heavenly thru headphones. I connected it to an external closed back speaker configuration and it was just mind-blowing! Thick and rich in distortion.
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
                        I called them - they don't have them yet either.
                        Last edited by chrisolson; 09-25-2007, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Feel free to "dump" that AOR off, on me!
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                            Will do!! I'm pretty excited about it. I thin a lot of people are writing it off just because of the "Spider" moniker. I don't think this is you kiddies' Spider though... The more I've been reading about it, the more I think it'll kick ass. It's got all the basic things I need and nothing extra. I know I can make the amp models work for me, so I should be set.
                            "Spider" Doesn't scare me off in the least. People who rip on the Spiders are people who like stuff like the Vetta which has all kinds of crazy effects and other bells and whistles.....and of course tube guys. I do fall into the latter group, and really don't use any effects but I have to say that when my 5150 took a crap I needed an inexpensive amp FAST that could do the job for me......so reluctantly I bought the 150HD SpiderII and have been pleasantly surprised. I can get decent tones out of both the green and red metal models and out of the green insane model, and it's done it's job rather well. The one thing missing is that tube tone....ya know that warmth and the insanely obnoxious midtone that only a tube amp can deliver.....and I'm sure, with Bogner on board, this amp will have that.

Advancements in tube/digital technology can only be a good thing right!?!

Comment

Nobody has them yet... I've got them on order though!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
                              35 Pleasant St
                              Weymouth MA 02190 USA
                              781-335-0700
                              Boston’s ExclusiveBoutique music STORE Welcome to Matt’s Music Center, named one of the Top 100 Dealers in the USA by NAMM 14 times! Shop New Guitar Arrivals EST. 1996 New Guitar Arrivals At Matt’s we get new guitars in almost everyday. Check out the latest we’ve got in the shop without even coming in. But […]
                              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                              X