Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I pre-ordered my Spider Valve Head today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I agree. I was rather thinking of a Spider Valve head, which is probably closer in price.

Comment

Originally posted by akoch View Post
      Oh, I agree. I was rather thinking of a Spider Valve head, which is probably closer in price.
      I still dont think it is even close.

A Brand new SV head costs $800. But I have seen used mark IV combos sell consistently around $1200+. I am looking at completed listings for mark iv short head and one sold for $1500. they are also consistently selling around $1200+ USED. Trust me, I was looking for a short head Mark IV and none sold even less than $1000.

Apart from all that, the SV is $800 brand new. Who knows what its used price will be a year from now? Its not an investment that is bought to give a good resale value anywhere close to a mark iv's.
      Sam

Comment

oh well, I guess I'm wrong then. I think I was trying to suggest to take a look at those amps as the part of the decision making process, but if the price difference is too much - I don't have anything to hold on to

Comment

uhhh...well... I guess I don't look at guitar equipment as an "investment". I buy it to play. Sometimes, like in the case of the Mk IV, you get lucky. I'm usually not worried about what things will sell for down the road though. If I did, I'd buy it and NEVER use it, so what's the point? I can speculate in stocks and come out alot better over a shorter time.

I'd love to have a Mk IV to PLAY though. It wouldn't be an investment piece for me - other than in what I pay for it...

Comment

Originally posted by akoch View Post
            oh well, I guess I'm wrong then. I think I was trying to suggest to take a look at those amps as the part of the decision making process, but if the price difference is too much - I don't have anything to hold on to
            No worries - I know where you were going. There's just too much of a price disparity though. Added to which, I'd have to spend another $300 or so to buy effects...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
              uhhh...well... I guess I don't look at guitar equipment as an "investment". I buy it to play. Sometimes, like in the case of the Mk IV, you get lucky. I'm usually not worried about what things will sell for down the road though. If I did, I'd buy it and NEVER use it, so what's the point? I can speculate in stocks and come out alot better over a shorter time.

I'd love to have a Mk IV to PLAY though. It wouldn't be an investment piece for me - other than in what I pay for it...
              Dont take the word investment in the literal sense. Whatever you pay with your hard-earned money, is an investment. Some have good returns, some dont. IMO Mesa's have good resale value when compared to line6 products. That was the point I was trying to make, that's all.
              Sam

Comment

You probably will end up paying $250 or so for a G-Major or alike anyway. And the line6 shortboard was another 200 dollars I recon. But the main thing of course is - it is not an investment, this is how you get the sound you are happy with and it makes you play.

Comment

Working...
                X