Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a 15 watt Eko

Comment

Wow...you should photoshop some big stacks in behind you guys in those pics. The Fender Frontman is HUGE!!
      My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Rhino Beast 2x12. Thos amps sucked. To top it off they were made in my hometown.
        Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

No one gigged with a Gorilla?

My Marshall Mosfet 100 head sucked mightily - I could get any sound I wanted out of that, as long as it was full of feedback and lacked any dynamics.

I fixed that by using a Dallas Arbiter Wah-Face (fuzzwah pedal) into it which made it even more shrill and buzzy! That sucked really bad.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I used a Line6 Spider for a gig once, and I thought that was punishment for the damned. I bow to you all.

Comment

I used a Peavey Backstage 30 for about 6 weeks once when my half stack got pinched. It was loud, but damn it sounded terrible
              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

once I had to use some like 15 watt POS Behringer (sp?) I used a Wah-Pedal infront of it the wah-pedal probably cost more than the amp! lmao
                Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                  No one gigged with a Gorilla?
                  :ROTF: Dude! I loved my little 10 watt Gorilla with the tube stack switch. That thing kicked some serious tail. And yes, I did gig with it.

I had a Sears Robuck amp that had a built in tremolo, but no distortion or anything. I threw a BOSS DS1 distortion in front of it and cooked it clean.
                  "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

A Carvin 100 watt keyboard amp through a Fender 2X10" cab, with a DOD Overdrive pedal in front of it... :

It was SO bad, the rest of the guys almost shit their pants they laughed so hard...I think practice got delayed about half an hour I got so much shit... :ROTF:

I got a Boogie SOB the next day, and they've been jealous ever since....
                    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                      :ROTF: Dude! I loved my little 10 watt Gorilla with the tube stack switch. That thing kicked some serious tail. And yes, I did gig with it.

I had a Sears Robuck amp that had a built in tremolo, but no distortion or anything. I threw a BOSS DS1 distortion in front of it and cooked it clean.

I'm pretty sure I had the same sears amp. I ended up giving it away to a relative who was just starting to play.
                      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

HiWatt 100 watt head and matching cab. I could have played Norwegian underground black metal from the early 90's with that tone. Never again will I touch a HiWatt.
                        Last edited by levantin; 10-05-2007, 05:54 PM.
                        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                          HiWatt 100 watt head and matching cab. I could have played Norwegian underground black metal from the early 90's with that tone. Never again will I touch a HiWatt.
                          wow, wasn't expecting that...
                          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                            wow, wasn't expecting that...
                            Neither was I! It was just... horrible!
                            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I win. Our other guitarist had one of these when we started in the 80s.

Still, I was playing my Charvel Model 2 through a Badger "Bass Boogie" bass amp, which was replaced with a really nasty sounding Session combo. Didn't help me get the Ratt type sound I was after!

Ah, great days, eh.

Comment

Ada Mp1
                                http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Working...
                                X