No announcement yet.

Worst amp you ever used live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the usual Peavy Backstage and my friend had a Gorilla. Holy shit! Surprised our parents didn't take an ax to our guitars. But this is the first amp I used to play infront of say more than 10 people, my dads old Ampeg bass amp.

Might have been legendary bass amps back in the day, but sounds like total hell running a distorted guitar through it.
    My gear
    87 Charvel Model 6
    86 Charvel Model 4
    93 Jackson RR EX
    93 Jackson Kelly STD
    88 Ibanez RG560
    99 Schecter Diamond C-7
    Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
      Ada Mp1
      Awe c'mon......Now tell me, were you in a synth pop band or what?
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Nah, Speed Metal. It was a POS. That thing had more issues than Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan put together. One day it would sound great, the next day like ass, the nest day It wouldn't switch channels or it would lose presets etc. The worst part it was all intermittent so I'd take it back where I bought it and it'd work fine. Sent it back to ADA an they sent it back to me!
        I finally took it back and demanded my money back. Best part was it always acted up at shows and I'd be scrambling to borrow an amp from one of the other bands.
        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
          Nah, Speed Metal. It was a POS. That thing had more issues than Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan put together. One day it would sound great, the next day like ass, the nest day It wouldn't switch channels or it would lose presets etc. The worst part it was all intermittent so I'd take it back where I bought it and it'd work fine. Sent it back to ADA an they sent it back to me!
          I finally took it back and demanded my money back. Best part was it always acted up at shows and I'd be scrambling to borrow an amp from one of the other bands.
          Ahh, that particular one was a POS. I got it. By design and for a lot of kinds of music it's great, but you have the ability to really choose a crappy sound and if it's acting up, you are screwed.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
          X