No announcement yet.

Need Hiwatt advice in a rush!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even more thanks to you. Sounds like a plan to me. So how does it compare tone-wise to the heads?

Comment

I thought the clean tones were similar. Old Hiwatt heads have to be cranked ala the Who to start to break up. The Lead series had way more distortion on tap although mine like to be fairly loud. For clean I dimed the master and used the preamp volume for loudness. Mine had a great crunch with master 12:00 and Volume 12:00 to 2:00. Good luck on you quest.

MrHiwatt
      Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
      RR1 Black
      RR1 Blue ghost flames
      Stealth EX
      Hamer Studio
      Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Thanks. If I may ask, how much did you sell your combo for? I'm wondering if the price I'm looking at is a good deal or not.

That's good to know about the clean tones. That's really my main interest in the amp. There are plenty of distortion and overdrive pedals that can get me what I want in that department. But a clean tone, to me, comes from the amp itself. Thats you can't get a pedal for.

Comment

Bryan,

Sold for $650 usd Bought for $600
          Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
          RR1 Black
          RR1 Blue ghost flames
          Stealth EX
          Hamer Studio
          Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Sorry to bring this one back but I have more questions.

What about the custom 20 tube combo with the 1X10 speaker? Got any info on that?

How about the new Custom 20 head. Would it be similar to the Custom 50 just not as loud?

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
            X