line 6 pod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• line 6 pod

ok my mesa rack is to loud for daily use I was thinking maybe a mini pod with my akg studio monitor headphones. it wont sound as good as but just for playing in my living room? ive only ever used a rack pod and then I had the engineer in studio I was in making it sound good for me. advise me.
    no sig.....

i have a bunch of awesome amps, but LOVE my POD. it is fun and easy. that set up should be great for what you are looking for.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

PODxt for the win. Love mine. Don't know much about the mini pod. If you are willing to spend a few more bucks I think the PODxt is a great way to go.

ALSO- if you want to make it even easier on yourself, either buy the PODxt LIVE, which is a floorboard, OR get a PODxt and buy the Shortboard, which is what I did- Combined the Podxt & Shortboard retail for much, much more than the one-stop shop PODxt Live... In fact, there is a PODxt Live on the Used Guitar Center site right now. They normally retail for $400, or $100 more than a normal PODxt.

Save even more on guitars, basses, drums, pro audio and accessories. Used musical instruments bought and sold daily so check back often.

The PodXT + Short Board retail will go for like $550. I got lucky and found a shortboard on the Used Guitar Center site I pasted above for $99 bucks. If you troll there from time to time you'll find one priced the way you want, and it came with a performance guarantee.

If you really want to have fun, check out how I set mine up- Wireless headphones & guitar wireless, both from Sennheiser, both way cheap. I am having a ball with my setup, and I piss off no one. All in it cost me $627 ($99 wireless headphones, $129 UHF guitar wireless, $300 PODxt, $99 Shortboard) but if you do it right and get a used PODxt Live for $300 like the one I pasted you'd only need to spend $525 or so.

Save even more on guitars, basses, drums, pro audio and accessories. Used musical instruments bought and sold daily so check back often.

Vass

Last edited by Vass; 09-27-2007, 11:37 AM.

Comment

im a 1 sound man its either arghhh or silence. not so sure i will need the pedal.
        no sig.....

Comment

Get a used POD 2.0 - you'll be happier than with the gonad pod. You'll probably save money too.

Comment

easier to use as well.
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I have a POD 2.0 and it's great for practice and jamming along with songs on the computer. The sounds that it makes aren't anything to boast about, but it gets the job done. I got mine at GC for $125 new.
              Scott

Comment

POD 2.0 here as well. I got mine for $110 OTD, used

Comment

I'll go a little different from the pod and say go with the Korg Toneworks Pandora PX4D. Runs about 169.00 and is awesome.

Also, don't know if it's just me, but the red text s kinda hard to read.
                  "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    POD 2.0 here as well. I got mine for $110 OTD, used
                    I got mine at one of their Labor Day sales, so don't feel too bad
                    Scott

Comment

I'm going with a Vox Tonelab. I don't know how it sounds with headphones but I'll be using mine DI into my PC for recording.
                      ------------------------------------------------
                      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                        PODxt for the win. Love mine.
                        Totally agree, POD xt Pro is what you are looking for
                        SEPTYCAL GORGE MySpace page
                        SEPTYCAL GORGE official website

Comment

Working...
                        X