Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just tried an Ibanez TS9 TubeScreamer.....WOW!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tried an Ibanez TS9 TubeScreamer.....WOW!!

I think my recent search for a OD/Distortion type pedal is over. These are the reissue ones that are MIJ just like the originals (same specs!) and i am very impressed!!! For $99 i don`t think you can find a better OD pedal then these! Didn`t have the cash on me or i would have taken it home. As soon as i get paid on Friday i`m going to pick one up!! Anyone have or try one of these?

Sure have tried one, I have an original (1982?) TS9 and also the Maxon OD-9 version which is basically the same but, more hi-fi sounding and with a true bypass. I prefer the Ibanez version by a little bit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

interesting. I am curious to hear about these and their variations. Been wondering if I should pick one up and put it infront of my Vetta II for an added little push. I'm still finding I'm not quite getting the heavyness that I did with my Gt-6.

Comment

Are you talking about the same reissue that's been available for several years now (mid to late 90s?)? That's definitely a classic and must try pedal for any guitarist. I've been using my Analogman modded version since 1999 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
          interesting. I am curious to hear about these and their variations. Been wondering if I should pick one up and put it infront of my Vetta II for an added little push. I'm still finding I'm not quite getting the heavyness that I did with my Gt-6.
          the Vetta has that exact pedal in its effects bank.
          I use that one all the time in my Vetta to juice up several of the various patches I made.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

get the maxon instead so youll have an actual decent switch on there instead of that funky ibanez one!

Comment

Get a Keeley modded version, or the Keeley modded Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah i`ve been hearing alot about the several different mods for the TS9 that are out there. Definately something to think about down the road but i need to get a TS9 first!!! *lol* Really impressed with the stock version though but i can`t believe i waited so long to try one of these out,guess because i`ve never been much into pedals but oh well,better late then never!

Comment

I´ve been thru a slew of different Tubescreamers, old, new and reissue... and I eventually ended up with a Visual Sound Route 66, which is very much in the same sonic family but with less loss of bass. Anyway, I´m a sucker for a "tubescreamer" up front! They add a certain grind and argghh to the tone that imho is hard to beat.

Comment

I bought one recently and as Toejam mentioned I want to send it in for the Keeley mod at some point.

Sounds really good in front of the distorted channel but also when you throttle it back it can really enhance the sound on a clean channel too.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Went to GC this morning right when they opened up and bought the Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer....SWEET!!! Yeah,i`ll eventually get the mod too,what the heck! But right now i`m really diggin the pedal stock.

Comment

Cool. There's a couple mods Robert Keeley can do to increase bass response and add gain, etc. Check his site out if you haven't seen it.
                        Next-Generation Guitar Pedal Effects, Designed and Built in the USA

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Cool. There's a couple mods Robert Keeley can do to increase bass response and add gain, etc. Check his site out if you haven't seen it.
                          http://www.robertkeeley.com/home.php
                          The tubescreamers ive modded for people did the same thing but at a fraction of his price. Im not saying his mods suck im saying he charges too much IMHO...

Comment

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I actually got my Keeley-modded Sparkle Drive in a trade, but it does sound awesome. If you can do it for cheaper, cool. I'd probably send a pedal to you or Pete if I ever wanted another modded.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              http://www.robertkeeley.com/home.php
                              Here`s another guy that does the mods and has a good reputation.

Comment

Working...
                              X