• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Boost For Jcm800

hey guys
    Which boost should i buy to make 800 sound metal
    Thanks
    Last edited by euronymous; 09-28-2007, 04:22 PM.

Which 800? single channel (2203-2204) or dual (2205-2210)

I'd say you can't go wrong with the MXR Zakk-wylde OD (ZW-44). For the money I like what it does in front of the two JCM800s I've had.

Second would be the Boss SD-1

The Digitech Bad Monkey, TS-9, and TS-5 were all good and about the same, but lacked the low end and drive to me that the Zakk and SD-1 had.

Really, I like the ProCo RAT into the already gained 800. It really gives it a little chainsaw grind/buzz that the overdrives don't have. It makes it HEAVY to me.

Adding the overdrive makes it super-hard rock - think Scorpions.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Thanks
      Mine is 4210 combo just like the 2205 head.
      Another question: Do you know the difference between the taiwan Sd-1 and old japan one??

Comment

Originally posted by euronymous View Post
        Thanks
        Another question: Do you know the difference between the taiwan Sd-1 and old japan one??
        Yes. There is a world of difference. For thirty or fourty bucks, the new taiwan SD1 is Ok, but the Old Japan SD-1 is AWESOME in front of a Single channel 800

...... and the MXR ZW44 is a Awesome pedal as well....
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I like the SD1 - never tried the Japan version

Comment

tc electronic booster/disto....monster tone,no joke!!!!

Comment

mxr zw44

Comment

Originally posted by euronymous View Post
                Thanks

i've heard there is little to no difference in the SD-1.
                (funny thing is, i just got done stating that in anouther thread.)

i like the SD-1
                and i'd like to try the MXR GT-OD
                Last edited by Dreamland_Rebel; 10-01-2007, 10:50 PM.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                  Which 800? single channel (2203-2204) or dual (2205-2210)

I'd say you can't go wrong with the MXR Zakk-wylde OD (ZW-44). For the money I like what it does in front of the two JCM800s I've had.

Second would be the Boss SD-1

The Digitech Bad Monkey, TS-9, and TS-5 were all good and about the same, but lacked the low end and drive to me that the Zakk and SD-1 had.

Really, I like the ProCo RAT into the already gained 800. It really gives it a little chainsaw grind/buzz that the overdrives don't have. It makes it HEAVY to me.

Adding the overdrive makes it super-hard rock - think Scorpions.
                  Had sd1 and it lacked something...
                  have TS9dx,zw44,seymour duncan pickup booster
                  If you think ts9 lackes low end try ts9dx Its Awsome!
                  I acually run all three at once and get a great shreding sound(but have to keep gain and level low,cos otherwise its too much)
                  Heard great things about BB preamp and Maxson OD9pro+,but they are a bit pricy
                  have fun

Comment

I know BB is a good choice, but the price is a little bit high

Comment

Originally posted by butrus View Post
                      Had sd1 and it lacked something...
                      have TS9dx,zw44,seymour duncan pickup booster
                      If you think ts9 lackes low end try ts9dx Its Awsome!
                      I acually run all three at once and get a great shreding sound(but have to keep gain and level low,cos otherwise its too much)
                      Heard great things about BB preamp and Maxson OD9pro+,but they are a bit pricy
                      have fun
                      The lack of low end in a ts9 is an easy fix. Ive actually modded a few ts9s for diferent bass players with great results.

Comment

I can recommend the Visual Sound Route 66, it´s in the Tubescreamer-vein but without the drop in bass many of the actual Tubescreamers have. It also has a separate compressor channel that can be used as a clean boost with pretty good results.

Comment

You could also try the Keeley Boss DS1

Comment

For leads it would have to be an original TS, for rhythm both the ZW and DS1 are really great.
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Get your head modded by Voodoo Amps. It's frightening how good they make JCM800's sound!
                              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                              X