Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use/try Marshall stomp pedals?

Looking for opinions!

I've tried a few out at GC, I wouldn't say that the Marshall amp expertise necessarily translates into a kick ass pedal but some may like them. They are a bit cheaper than Boss I think.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

I have one.
      I have the JH-1 Jackhammer
      Not bad.
      Lots of control over the tone and the sound is very crisp. Not muddy or over saturated.
      -Rick

Comment

Some stock marshall pedals can be modded to sound better. Usually when the price is low the tone quality is too.

Comment

My cousin had a Blues Breaker II which was pretty cool. I had the SV-1 Supervibe (chorus/vibrato) which was also really neat.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My brother uses a Guvnor pedal and he likes it, he tried a few other pedals and thats the one that stayed in his chain.

Comment

Gary Moore used an original Guv'nor on the "Still Got the Blues" record, into a Bluesbreaker. Sounded pretty damn awesome. Of course, Gary could plug his chord into your ass and use your mouth as a speaker and still sound amazing.....

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin View Post
                Gary could plug his chord into your ass and use your mouth as a speaker and still sound amazing.....
                Would that help get the brown sound?
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

The only Marshall pedal I´ve heard more than in passing is the Edward compressor... the Emphasis control was pretty cool for certain applications, and it sounded pretty good. It was quite affordable, too. I sold it alongside a Boss CS3 when I got a Dynacomp, though... the MXR style of comp is apparently more my cup of tea.

Comment

i had a Jackhammer....couldnt really get much of a different sound from the pedal than i could from my amp

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                      Would that help get the brown sound?

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        I have one.
                        I have the JH-1 Jackhammer
                        Not bad.
                        Lots of control over the tone and the sound is very crisp. Not muddy or over saturated.
                        Can be a bit bassy and over compressed on the disto mode.

One of the few pedals that cleans when you roll the guitar volume.

Sound quality varies from the amp you're plugged into. I got my best results usings solidstate amps with this pedal.
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                        X