Van Halen 5150 III - Made In Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Halen 5150 III - Made In Mexico?

Im a little late when it comes to some things, but is this really fact?

I remember hearing something like that but there was no proof either way. With the price they're charging it should be made out of high grade materials and/or made by skilled workers.
    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Apparentely so, I googled >5150III made in mexico<..there's alot of info and chatter about it.

I think they are going to make a cheaper MIM Wolfgang too..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I might have to get a MIM wolfgang...

The 5150 III sounds pretty good though, but everyone has said it's MIM, I think that it might be a bit much charging what they are but they might lower the Price a little in a few months....

Every clip i've heard it sounds very good very VH but good.

Comment

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
          I remember hearing something like that but there was no proof either way. With the price they're charging it should be made out of high grade materials and/or made by skilled workers.
          _________

I would say that "Proof" is there since the 3 that i have uncrated
          say in large letters on the cardboard box..."Made in Mexico"! in its
          defense.. if these were assembled (and this is all that is happening in
          the MIM facility) if these were completely built at the USA factory, the
          price would be $5600.00 for a 1/2 stack! (instead of $3K)
          We had one problem with the red channel not working on my brother in
          laws first one. fixed in 3 days locally..it was just a tube.
          Sound is amazing, and they totally kick ass! Viva la...(im not going to
          say it.)

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Charvel View Post
            Im a little late when it comes to some things, but is this really fact?
            *** just remember that 1/2 of everything coming out of detroit...isn't!
            Chrysler/Dodge..Ford...Chevy... are making thousands of "made in the USA auto's and trucks in good ol'e Mexico! And of course passing the
            savings on to the consumer.. NOT!

Comment

The reason its MIM is because EVH is an egomaniac who is soooooo money driven now. Vais amp is under a grand. The JSX is a reasonably priced signature amp too. For $3000 im going with a Bogner. There are too many other,cheaper ways to get the brown sound IMHO.

Comment

MIM would not surprise me at all. Not really a big deal if it sounds as good as the reviews say. That just means that FMIC and EVH are making a ton of $ on each $3K amp they sell.

Comment

Buy it and support NAFTA. LOL

Comment

Other than the Chinese cheap stuff and some of the Custom shop stuff, ALL Fender amps are made in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
                      MIM would not surprise me at all. Not really a big deal if it sounds as good as the reviews say. That just means that FMIC and EVH are making a ton of $ on each $3K amp they sell.
                      Are these heads really selling for $3k in the US? Hell, they are way cheaper here in Europe if that's the case which is really odd. I just checked an online shop and they have the head listed at about 1600€... that's just a bit over $2k at the current exchange rate. That's about 100€ cheaper than the JSX here. Although the JSX was selling for less a few months ago... until the price went up about 200€ for some reason.

At least my new ENGL is made in Germany and not in the far east.
                      My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

evh iii

3k for the half stack...(2k head + 1k cab)

Comment

I thought Fender did make their new crappy amps in some china plant.

Comment

Originally posted by Valeck View Post
                            I thought Fender did make their new crappy amps in some china plant.
                            Reread my post.

Comment

According to Chip, Eddie likes the mexico plant for some reason, and Eddie himself wants them made there. Chip (Ed's "hand holder" who did the frankenstrat and wolfie, and the mini guitar / bass that Ed and Wolfie are using on tour.... told me this himself.

I think the price is pretty steep for a MIM product, but people say it's a pretty bitchin amp.

Besides the EVH amp, most of the high line tube amps are actually built in the Corona plant. Cheap solid states are MIM or hell, *maybe* china, but trust me.... The other tubes like twin, reverbs and the SWR line are in fact made in Corona. The cabinets are MIM though.

Comment

Working...
                              X