Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TS-808 in NS-1 Loop prior to Marshall OD2 Input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS-808 in NS-1 Loop prior to Marshall OD2 Input?

S'up guys.

Quick question. Has anyone experimented with Noise suppressors and Overdrive pedals in a loop before running into the dirty channel on an Amp?

My set up is this:

DKMG/Dinky AR into an Ibanez TS-808 reissue then into my Marshall Valvestate 8080 onto OD2 channel.

I initially bought the TS-808 to give me a warmer lead tone aside from my marhshall rythm sound but i noticed that Adam from Killswitch Engage uses the Maxon OD (same or near as the TS-808) in a noise suppressor loop before going into a H&K Triamp.

Wondered what this would do?

I know i will never get H&K sounding distortion as my Valvestate has only pre-amp valves but NS-1's are cheap and if i keep the OD level down on the pedal it can give a more richer distortion sound going into the dirty channel.

Comments?

Thanks

Well, I´m not familiar with the NS-1, but apart from killing noise I guess it might be able to work as a gate and also maybe juice the level a bit. Other than that, I don´t know.

Comment

I don't know about the NS-1 either, but I've got an NS-2 and found a little trick to keeping an amp quieter with the 4-cable method. I guess you'd have to experiment with where to place the OD and see what works/sounds best to you.

I actually haven't used my NS-2 in awhile (I normally use an MXR SmartGate), but the loop feature of it is pretty neat and does come in handy when needed.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
      X