Any good mods or tone tips for a Marshall DSL401

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good mods or tone tips for a Marshall DSL401

I have a Marshall DSL401 and I was wondering if any of you has done a mod to it or has any tone tips for it?
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Word is they are prone to overheating so the best mod might be to put a fan in it. Can't help you beyond that

Comment

Not really a mod but it's always nice and worthwhile to experiment with different tube brands in the different positions. It can really make your amp sound different (better or worse is always a matter of personal taste of course )

Flo
      http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Sell it...

No offense, but I REALLY don't like that amp. It was one of the worst purchases I ever made. But I like Line 6, so what do I know?

Good luck. The best thing I ever did with mine (besides sell it) was hook it up to a closed back 2x12 cab. It helped immensely, but not enough.

Comment

E Bay!!!

That's what I did..got paid good too!!!

I put that toward a Uberschall..fuck yeah!!!

FUGGIT!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

www.voodooamps.com

They'll make it sound better than you can imagine.
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Matt hears amps all the time..fuggit give that a shot!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X