Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa Mark III on Ebay. Really low price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Mark III on Ebay. Really low price?

So after reading on here a bunch how much everyone loves Mesa Mark IIIs I have been checking ebay here and there. I've never seen a rack one before. I'm assuming it's the same deal as the regular head?

Anyway, I won't have money for one for at least a few more months, but this one seems cheap. Don't they usually go for around $800?

actually thay can go from 400 to 900... the prices on boogies vary greatly
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Oh that's cool! Maybe I can afford one then, ha!

But don't you have some crazy coliseum one or something? It's 120 watts instead of 80? I'll try to find the thread.

Edit: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...0&postcount=10

Yeah, the Coliseum 300. That's what I was thinking of.

So the normal ones are 75 watts then. I know you said yours is killer loud, do you know how loud the normal ones are in comparison?
      Last edited by nsubulysses; 10-09-2007, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nsubulysses View Post
        Oh that's cool! Maybe I can afford one then, ha!

But don't you have some crazy coliseum one or something? It's 120 watts instead of 80? I'll try to find the thread.

Edit: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...0&postcount=10

Yeah, the Coliseum 300. That's what I was thinking of.

So the normal ones are 75 watts then. I know you said yours is killer loud, do you know how loud the normal ones are in comparison?
        MkIIIs are either 60 watts, with two 6L6s, or they are simulclass with 2 6L6s and 2 EL34s (or 4 6L6s) and they are 100 watts in simulclass, or 15 watts in class A. They are loud AS BALLS. My MkIII simulclass head will blow the house down with the master on 3. Anything above 3 will induce vomiting. If I play it at around 2, which sitting near the amp is enough to move air and give you a nice 45 minute ear ring, my dog will start clicking around the living room in distress and immediately drop a duece upon being let out.

However, the master is great on MkIIIs and they are very low volume friendly. Still, get it cooking and it is the hammer of Thor.

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

they are all pretty loud, even the combos can overplay big marshall stacks but they sound great on low volume levels
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The rack kit is worth $150 all by itself. Mike's superlatives are an understatement, lol! Setting your master over 3 voids both your home warranty and any life insurance policies you (or your neighbors) may own.
            750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
            Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Sounds very cool. Thank you for the info

Comment

I had a mkiii which I bought new in 1989, a blue stripe. For the life of me, I just could not get it to work in the way that I wanted so I sold it for my JSX. The boogie had a great tone but it just wasn't for me. It sorta reminds me of the Bogners I just looked at, it too had some cool tones but nothing just right for me. I think I sold mine for $900 and it has ALL of the options available.

joe...
                www.godwentpunk.com
                www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Great amp, I love mine to death

And if those are the settings that the person uses, no wonder they're selling it

Comment

Originally posted by TheAmazingBlob View Post

And if those are the settings that the person uses, no wonder they're selling it

I was looking at that too...

Comment

really low price= .Check ok but money order or cashiers check or credit card faster. NO PAYPAL or Bank Wire Transfer
                      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                      X