gonna try a speaker repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gonna try a speaker repair

After reading Slayer's thread, I have decided to try my hand at speaker repair.
    Which method should I try? It's a Celestion G12T-75 12" with a fairly large rip near the surround. Figure it couldn't hurt to try....
    RTV Siliocn
    0.00%
    Watered down elmer's/tissue
    25.00%
    nail polish/nylon stockings
    25.00%
    other
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by 442w30; 10-13-2007, 04:43 PM.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

If it's a large rip get it reconed.

Comment

I have used watered down Elmers and black construction paper before, somewhat like a paper machet type method. Get the excess mixture off, and mold it to the cone while still wet.

No offense, but it is a G12T-75, so go for it. Either you will like the result or you will know that you should get it re-coned. Worthless right now with a tear in it though. If it works out well, then you will know how to confidently do it with better speakers with no errors.

Comment

Yep,
        I went with Elmers/Tissue. Looks sturdy, I am going to wait until tomorrow to put it through it's paces. It's a large enough tear and not a rare speaker by any means, so it can't hurt to try it. Def isn't going to hurt the value.
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
        X