The Last Amp I'll Ever Need!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Amp I'll Ever Need!

Introducing the 5 Option Soldano SLO-100! At $4200 delivered it better be!

The 5 options are Warren Haynes, DeMartini/SRV, or "Scoop", Depth, 1/2 Power Switch, Effects Loop ByPass. I could have had any color cabinet, but opted for the basic black.

With the huge variance of tone heads on the forum, I'm not going to give a review, but to my ears, I'm getting everything from a Fender Blackface to getting into the Uber territory. I'm using many different cabs with 25W Greenbacks, Vintage 30's and GT-75's speakers. There are lots of switches to play with on this one . I bought this totally from listening to MP3 Clips and talking to recording studio guru's. I'm not disappointed in the least bit.

I'm in tone heaven now!

Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
    I'm in tone heaven now!

Nice, Congrats
    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Can't argue with that one.

Perfection.

Comment

Happy for you! Thats the most important thing...heck if it were a Crate
        and you totally loved it, then great! Being a Soldano, at least your into
        the top tier amp makers in the world! And again, thanks for showing me
        the way to great tone also!

Comment

Thanks guy's. Good thing I can read, 'cause I can't hear right now. There this "ringing" in my ears:ROTF: Seriously though, the tone is good at bedroom volumes, but I love cranking it!
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Congrats on an awesome amp! Gotta love the SLO 100.

Comment

It's about time,,,,a soldano thread yet again. I'm still loving my SLO100 that I bought two years ago, brand new and bone stock with snakeskin tolex. I crank it through a Marshall cab with Eminence V12's and GB12's and use a Gmajor in the loop(sometimes). I've been in tone heaven for two years, and I'm still just as excited to plug into this amp as the day it arrived and solved my personal quest for the ultimate amp.

Comment

lynchfan6,

Yep, I'm using the G-Major in the loop as well. Sounds great! I've got a 4 X 12 Soldano cabinet coming next week. (I'm running out of room for all the cabs:ROTF: )

Sounds like you have the speaker combination down in that Marshall cab. I may have to do what you have done to one of my Marshall cabs.

Comment

Great amp, always wondered why there was not more love for the SLO 100's.........

CONGRATS on a great amp!

Comment

Very Nice..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I bought the last amp I'll ever need 3 amps ago.
                      All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by OUTLAW1969 View Post
                        Great amp, always wondered why there was not more love for the SLO 100's.........

CONGRATS on a great amp!
                        I think there is much love for SLO100's out there. It's just that $4K is much money and not many are willing/able to spend that amount of money for an amp. But then again it's a serious working tool for a serious guitar player and such an amp can last a music life time. So it's definitely a worthwhile investment.

Personally i feel it doesn't get better than a SLO, just different for example like a Bogner, Diezel whatever...

Flo
                        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

What I really like too, is the Lifetime Warranty-Parts and Labor!

Comment

This thread is useless without clips

Nice amp! I've only heard good things about them.

Comment

Working...
                            X