Laney AOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney AOR

I was wondering if any of you fine folks have had any experience with these amps, I am considering picking one up, and have heard nothing but rave reviews, but what do YOU think?

Thanks,

Ben
    Out Of Ideas

I dug my AOR 50...Liked it more than the 100. They take pedals really well, but I missed the clean channel.
    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Obviously, by my avatar, I love mine. This baby kills.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

If you like a good sounding JCM 800 then you'll like it.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I have an AOR100. It's okay. Gotta get the right tubes in it. Mine seems to really like the Winged C EL34. It also runs pretty hot. Sound-wise, it's okay. I'll take a quality low-wattage head pushed to the max any day. I loaned my Laney to an engineer to tinker with to learn his way around tube amps.

Comment

AORs CAN be rather picky about what tubes you put in them. When I got mine, less than a year ago off the original owner, it still had the stock tubes in it, and they sounded like ass. I dropped in a pair of JJ EL34s, and a few choice 12ax7, and am good to go. Ya gotta play with the two preamp gain stages, to get what you are looking for, as well as the pull boosts. I'm thinking about buying a Weber Mass, in the future, to see just how that helps things out, while driving the power tubes, harder.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

All about my AOR 50 - somewhat temperamental but, somewhat like a Marshall, that's half the fun!!!

I like the description that that guy I bought it from gave me - "Like a JCM 800, but with distortion" :ROTF:
              Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Working...
              X