Need OD pedal recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need OD pedal recommendations.

I'm looking for something to take a distortion pedal "over the edge" if you get my meaning. I don't need it to provide any distortion on its own. I plan on using it in front of a distortion pedal. It wouldn't hurt for it to be able to give a blues-ish OD on its own either. I welcome any and all opinions.

Thanks!

I just use an SD1, the only things I've compared it to are the Boss BD-2 and Digitech Bad Monkey though and it works the best of the 3 IMO. I use it to do the same thing you're asking - add a little bit to an already distorted sound

Comment

Fulltone OCD.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

As much flak as I may receive for it, the MXR Zakk Wylde ZW44 is both great-sounding and cheap.

Comment

Tube Screamer?

Comment

Tube screamer or Marshall governor.

But why not just get a better distortion pedal? (I recommend the Boss MT-2)

edit: Oh I see you'e looking for a 'boost'. Yes, Tube screamer or Governor then. Unless you consider getting a multi fx like the GT-6.
            Last edited by Mazrim; 10-16-2007, 05:18 AM.
            All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Best "overdrive" I've had is a Boss OD-1. Quiet, and can be used in front of distortion without a problem. EQ in the chain highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                Fulltone OCD.
                +1

Also, the Fulltone Fat Boost, which is probably more like
                what you're looking for, as it's not a distortion box, per
                se, but a killer preamp/boost...

Comment

Originally posted by KMud View Post
                  As much flak as I may receive for it, the MXR Zakk Wylde ZW44 is both great-sounding and cheap.
                  I second that emotion.

Also consider a Boss GE-7 equalizer as you can boost and shape the tone with it.
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Digitech Tone Driver is a good pedal too.

Comment

The MXR/CAE MC-401 Boost/linedriver is very clean and transparent... and also packs a ferocious punch with 20 dB´s of boost if needed.

Comment

I use the Bad Monkey in front of my Laney AOR, and love it. Much better than the MIJ DS-1 I had. Keep in mind that some amps MAY sounds better with certain pedals, though.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                        X