Peavey Valveking Or Peavey Supreme Xl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Valveking Or Peavey Supreme Xl

which of these amps sound better for 80's/90's metal? are these considered high gain amps?

All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Never played the supreme but my ValveKing gets as much gain as I'll ever use

Comment

The Supreme is the same as an XXL, but with just two channels. Since the XXL's two distortion channels can be dialed in the same, you just lose a little versatility with the Supreme XL. The Peavey TransTube amps come closer to tube tone than most other tube-emulating SS amps, and of course the Supreme can be found all over the place used for less than half the price of a new VK. I think the Supreme is/was USA-made if that is a factor for you.
        sigpic

Comment

I've played both. I'd have to go with the Valveking out of the two.
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

While the Transtubes sound nice I would think the valveking would sound just a tad nicer, ive tried a few combos and the head and they all sounded decent to me, with a little tweaking you should easily get the tones your looking for...

Throw an EQ in the loop which should make it sound a little better too....

Check out youtube for some videos for the idea's of the tones you can get the loomis guitar review has the best tone imo...

This is my review of my Peavey 212 Valveking amp Combo.I used to use it in the band i was in Through The Abyss. I no longer use this amp as i have no need fo...

The second video has good tone too though he's playing a ltd hehe

Check out the other valveking vids too...

Comment

The valveking is awesome, I have one, I love it, great for the money.

Comment

The XL has a footswitchable effects loop. The VK does not, but does have footswitchable reverb. Since I need to switch effects on and off, the VK wasn't an option for me, but it is does sound nice.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                  The XL has a footswitchable effects loop. The VK does not, but does have footswitchable reverb. Since I need to switch effects on and off, the VK wasn't an option for me, but it is does sound nice.

Actually, the valveking doesnt come with a footswitch, so you have to buy one separately, which means you can buy any footswitch for it

Comment

I need a footswitch for my VK - which ones work besides the $50 plastic peavey one?

Comment

I played a Valveking 1x12 and liked it for what it is... a low cost tube amp. The thing actually sounds pretty good. I've thought about picking one up.

Another cool cheapish tube amp to check out is the Epiphone SoCal. It has a nice Marshallish, high mid crunch going on. Probably wouldn't work for metal, but a nice rock amp.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
                        Actually, the valveking doesnt come with a footswitch, so you have to buy one separately, which means you can buy any footswitch for it
                        The loop still isn't switchable.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                          I played a Valveking 1x12 and liked it for what it is... a low cost tube amp. The thing actually sounds pretty good. I've thought about picking one up.

Another cool cheapish tube amp to check out is the Epiphone SoCal. It has a nice Marshallish, high mid crunch going on. Probably wouldn't work for metal, but a nice rock amp.
                          Yeah, the only thing, though, is that they didn't give it a loop. Dumb move, if you ask me.
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                            The loop still isn't switchable.

But it is, I will provide a pic of my footswitch soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X