Apogee 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apogee 50

hello all, been lurking for a while and did not feel it was appropriate to post until I actually had some jackson gear
    well i just recieved my Jackson Apogee 50 today, the second one I have ever owned!!
    Don't worry pics will be coming soon, will have to borrow camera from a friend to take some

later

had to edit the title to let y'all now that i am a newbie
    Last edited by JacksonPriest; 10-16-2007, 01:34 PM.
    Praying at the Jackson/Charvel Alter

Where'd you get it? Was it from GC in the Twin Cities? Nice amp - overpriced (at GC) though.

Comment

nope, got it at the music-go-round near there, and shipped to me....the one at GC was going for the same price I paid for mine - $349 - just before getting mine!!

Comment

The one at GC was $599 I thought... Anyway, hope you like it. It's a cool amp. The one at GC was STUPID clean.

These were the amps they were blowing out at Banks. I got a Jackson Reference Halfstack there for about $500 with cab. I miss Banks. Jackson needs to have more tornadoes and "rain damage". I got about 4 or 5 guitars and the amp from there. All were pretty msuch perfect - just a few cosmetic issues.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
          The one at GC was $599 I thought... Anyway, hope you like it. It's a cool amp. The one at GC was STUPID clean.

These were the amps they were blowing out at Banks. I got a Jackson Reference Halfstack there for about $500 with cab. I miss Banks. Jackson needs to have more tornadoes and "rain damage". I got about 4 or 5 guitars and the amp from there. All were pretty msuch perfect - just a few cosmetic issues.
          I do, even though because of its age it needs to be brought back up to gigging condition, ie tubes checked, bias checked, etc. but that will be at present a lengthy process

....AND YES we need more Banks

Comment

Pics Of The Apogee

Well, might take another week to post pics of the beast
            but will get to them....
            and one other thing I am going to have to have it overhauled completely
            I know what these amps are supposed to sound like, this one did not from the day it arrived, and seems to be getting worse

So does anyone in the Portland to Salem Oregon area know who - locally - would be able to do what is needed??

If not I guess I will be dealing with Savage Audio http://www.savageamps.com/

Later

Comment

I have one that I bought for $450 several years ago. Although it's not high priority because I don't gig or record with it currently, I'll be having it in to Savage at some point to retube it. It seems like a high-quality amp, but mine had clearly sat in someone's basement (came from an estate sale) and needs some TLC. Not quite enough gain for my tastes, but I'm guessing that with the right tubes and a boost in front, it could be great.

The Apogee amps were built for Jackson by Steve Mauriello, and he has posted here a couple times. He actually contacted me several years ago after reading a review I posted on Harmony Central, so I have an email address for him if you have questions.
              sigpic

Comment

Yes!!!

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                I have one that I bought for $450 several years ago. Although it's not high priority because I don't gig or record with it currently, I'll be having it in to Savage at some point to retube it. It seems like a high-quality amp, but mine had clearly sat in someone's basement (came from an estate sale) and needs some TLC. Not quite enough gain for my tastes, but I'm guessing that with the right tubes and a boost in front, it could be great.

The Apogee amps were built for Jackson by Steve Mauriello, and he has posted here a couple times. He actually contacted me several years ago after reading a review I posted on Harmony Central, so I have an email address for him if you have questions.

The one that I had a few years ago seemed to have plenty of gain!
                And it had crappy Carvin replacement speakers to boot!!
                The one I have currently seems to have no clarity, complete muddiness, and a severe lack of GAIN!!
                It looks like I am going to wait and save up the money to send it to Savage

And the e-mail for Steve would be greatly appreicated!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonPriest View Post
                  The one that I had a few years ago seemed to have plenty of gain!
                  And it had crappy Carvin replacement speakers to boot!!
                  The one I have currently seems to have no clarity, complete muddiness, and a severe lack of GAIN!!
                  It looks like I am going to wait and save up the money to send it to Savage

And the e-mail for Steve would be greatly appreicated!
                  Steve Mauriello's email address was [email protected] last time I heard from him. That was in July.

Savage does great work, but they aren't necessarily fast and can be difficult to get in touch with via email, so definitely call them if you require their services!
                  sigpic

Comment

cool, thanks for the help

Comment

Jackson Apogee 50 repair

Hello!

I recently repaired an Apogee 50 and wanted to know more about this amp - mostly documentation - so I could integrate a simple mod to the filament power supply to make it more reliable - it's possible some of the complaints I've read in this thread are due to this problem.

eddie ciletti
                      651-554-0304
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by edaudio View Post
                        Hello!

I recently repaired an Apogee 50 and wanted to know more about this amp - mostly documentation - so I could integrate a simple mod to the filament power supply to make it more reliable - it's possible some of the complaints I've read in this thread are due to this problem.

eddie ciletti
                        651-554-0304
                        [email protected]
                        Seems this might be what you're looking for:

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                        Steve Mauriello's email address was [email protected] last time I heard from him. That was in July.

Savage does great work, but they aren't necessarily fast and can be difficult to get in touch with via email, so definitely call them if you require their services!

Comment

Working...
                        X