Shopping for a 2x12 cabinet.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping for a 2x12 cabinet.........

I'm currently in the market for a 2x12 cabinet to mate with my Dual Rectifier head. Actual size is a major reason, I need to get more gear in the car so one of the major contenders is the G-Flex cabinet. I also think it will deliver a kickass sound with nice bottom end, but have never actually tried them together. Anybody have experience with the G-Flex?

Any other suggestions for 2x12 cabs? Think small (compact size), but with a BIG sound. I have pretty much ruled out the Marshall 1936 because it's almost as big as the 4x12! Price range of $300-$400 used.

Look no more, you found a great match Lots of bottom end from the GFlex. Great match for the boogie

Comment

That's what I'm thinking, with the construction and the porting.............great quality!

Comment

GFlex is popular. So is Avatar for something a bit cheaper

Comment

+1 on the G Flex
          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

For your head, I'd bet the G-Flex is the better bet. I love my freakin' Avatar, but the right cab for the right head, I say.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
              GFlex is popular. So is Avatar for something a bit cheaper

+1 on the Avatar. The special is $298 with Celestion Vintage 30's and can be add in open or closed back. For, I believe $330 you can get to choose the grill colors, tolex colors and speaker combinations.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

http://www.portcityamps.com/links.html

I have a couple of these cabs - they're great. Plenty of low end and attack.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                  Look no more, you found a great match Lots of bottom end from the GFlex. Great match for the boogie
                  +1 absolutely.
                  I have this cab as part of my rig, and its IMO it least, a killer cab.
                  You won't go wrong with one whether you use it with a boogie or any other head. Its a great cab.
                  Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

EarCandy Buzzbomb is a great cab! I'd like to try out a port city too.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I have a buddy that has a Mesa 2x12 and a Legacy 2x12. IMO the Legacy is a great sounding cabinet. The Mesa just didn't have quite the tight bottom that the Legacy did. I've only heard 1 of the Avatar cabs but it sounded pretty good.
                      Last edited by AdRock; 10-24-2007, 01:13 AM.
                      My Toys:
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                      '94 Dinky HX in Black
                      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

have you looked at a used Marshall 1966 cab? It's smaller then the mg412 cab. 2x12 in a square cabinet. they also came in the 4x10 (1965 model)

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                          I have a buddy that has a Mesa 2x12 and a Legacy 2x12. IMO the Lagacy is a great sounding cabinet. The Mesa just didn't have quite the tight bottom that the Legay did. I've only heard 1 of the Avatar cabs but it sounded pretty good.
                          is it a Lagacy or Legay?

And you say the Legay has a tight bottom?
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                            http://www.portcityamps.com/links.html

I have a couple of these cabs - they're great. Plenty of low end and attack.

I have played a dual rec head thru one of these cabinets. It made the mesa 2x12 sound bad. You wont regret it.

Comment

http://www.lopoline.com/home.html
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X