Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    is it a Lagacy or Legay?

And you say the Legay has a tight bottom?
    LOL, that's what I get for not reading the post over before hitting the SUBMIT button. spelling has been corrected.

the LEGACY seemed to have a tighter bottom end to it.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I've been playing through an old Randall 212 for years and I love it!

Comment

Vht
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
          Zeegs, thanks for posting this link. This is just the ticket I may need for white cabs to go with the white Marshall clone head that I am having built right now.

Have you bought from them? Any idea of shipping costs?
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I had a couple Lopoline 2x12s. I thought they were ok at first. Then I got the Port City cabs - huge difference. The Lopolines are flubby and lack a lot of clarity compared to the Port City cabs.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              I had a couple Lopoline 2x12s. I thought they were ok at first. Then I got the Port City cabs - huge difference. The Lopolines are flubby and lack a lot of clarity compared to the Port City cabs.

I've never had a Port City cab, so I can't compare the two, but my Lopoline 2X12 isn't flubby at all. What speakers did you have in them Tim? Mine is loaded with V30s.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                I've never had a Port City cab, so I can't compare the two, but my Lopoline 2X12 isn't flubby at all. What speakers did you have in them Tim? Mine is loaded with V30s.
                I had V30s in mine as well. I didn't realize how flubby they were until I got a Port City cab
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Maybe flubby is in the ear of the beholder? :ROTF:

Seriously though, How much do the Port City cabs go for? I have another 2 V30s looking for a home. I was going to get another Lopo, but I'm always willing to try something new.

Comment

Holy shit, I just found their site, and they want $450 for an unloaded one. I'm not paying $450 for an unloaded 2X12. Not to mention they are kinda funny looking. I don't like the grille thing at all.

Comment

I have a G-flex and it sounds great to me. I have run Soldanos, Bogners, and Marshalls through it and it does pretty well.
                      www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

I'm not sure where you live, but I just recently picked up a Framus 212 CS loaded with V30's, they are made in Germany. Very nice cab for the price. I needed something for my ENGL Powerball and the matching ENGL cab was a bit pricey. The Framus was 1/2 the cost of an ENGL Pro 212 cab. It's closed back, but it has a panel that is easily removed that turns it into an open back. I haven't tried it open yet. Together with the Powerball, it has a good tight low end.

I also heard the G-Flex was really good, but I just couldn't find a distributor in Europe to get one from.
                        My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Anyone try the Ear Candy Buzzbomb?

Comment

Working...
                          X