Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! My Speaker Connections Are Blowing Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! My Speaker Connections Are Blowing Out!

Ever since I got the Soldano SLO-100, my speaker plugs vibrate and blow out of the jacks while I am playing! I'm using new cables and Marshall 1960 cabs that have good jacks, so I don't know what's going on. This doesn't do this with any of my other heads! They should call the SLO, the Decimator:ROTF:

Anybody have this problem? Is there a way to keep them from coming out or going to some type of locking plug?
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Turn down the volume a bit.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. We're talking 1/4 plugs, right?
    Is it possible to get in there and form the male contactor a little tighter?
    Or if they are cheap jacks, get some switchcrafts in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
      Turn down the volume a bit.
      :ROTF: Yeah, I thought about that, but I'm in my bedroom studio and it's not that loud. You can put your hand on the backplate and feel it vibrate!

My 25W speaker Marshall Greenback cab can't really take the amp in the high gain mode, so I have it hooked up to two Marshall cabs with GT-75 speakers.

They are the stock Marshall Mono/ Stereo jackplates. I can try to tighten the contacts, but they may be the molded in type. I'll have to look.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I just checked the jacks and it seems they won't go any tighter to due to the way they are made. I've got a Soldano cab coming into tomorrow, so I'll try that. The Marshall Cabs can't take the mighty SLO-100.

Comment

I think this is what I need, but will not be able to use the stereo function of the Marshall switch jack. I'll have to use this jack in 16 ohm Mono with the Soldano. Now how to wire it in? Maybe jumper wires of the speaker wires?

Neutrik Locking Jack. I think this is what's on Splawn Cabs?

Comment

I fixed it for good. Get a cab designed for the bloody amp. This cab can take some serious punishment!:ROTF:

Comment

how do you like the soldano cab and what type of speakers did you get? I have a grey one with V30's and its the weakest cab of the five 4x12's I have, smaller too.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Nice setup! But I was gonna suggest duct tape.
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                  how do you like the soldano cab and what type of speakers did you get? I have a grey one with V30's and its the weakest cab of the five 4x12's I have, smaller too.
                  I love the Soldano cab with the SLO-100. It works perfect. It's supposed to be Soldano "tweeked" Emminence V30's in the cab. I haven't looked to verify them yet. I can only compare it to my Marshall cabs, (1960A's , B' with GT-75's) and a 1960BC (25W Greenbacks) The Marshall cabs can't handle the Depth Mode from the SLO-100. Seems like the cab will explode any second. The cabs with the GT-75's can handle it a little better than the 25W speakers. Most likely because the speaker movement is less at higher wattage rated speakers. The Soldano cab can take the high gain and earth shattering lows and mids when in the Depth Mode. I can't really explain this, but the solid back may have something to do with this. It does seem a little smaller than the Marshall cab, but that's good, No? Less mass to carry around

Comment

Working...
                  X