Anyone know of any wedge guitar cabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of any wedge guitar cabs?

Anybody know of a monitor/wedge shaped guitar cab? I like the idea of having a cab at the front of the stage aimed directly back at me. Seems like I could isolate my sound to my area of the stage that way, keep the soundman happy, and it would be smaller and easier than hauling around my 4x12. A regular 2x12 would be aimed at my knees unless I use an amp stand or tilt-back. Even then I would still fire it from the side to keep the FOH happy. I've seen the Rocktron 112 wedges, but I'm looking for something more along the lines of a 2x12. Any ideas or leads would be greatly appreciated.
    "... and is there anyone out there who can sing music beyond either the Dead/Phish/jam band of the week

or

obscure B-side GreatWhiteLionSnake demos recorded in the basement of some guy who was the girlfriend's second cousin's in-law's best man?

I swear to God, if we audition another American Idol wannabee or have another no show, I'll turn postal. I'm a donkey on the frickin' edge."

seems to me like Mesa made one, in the Recto 212 style......
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Kasha makes something called the Robocab, which can freely tilt the speakers in some kind of motorized fashion. Looks pretty cool, actually, and is available with one, two or four speakers.

Comment

Vai is actually using a 3-12" wedge type "monitor", currently, on tour. It was explained in the last Carvin catalog that I got. Makes sense, to me, other than going in-ear.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

I was actually referred to an article in Guitar World today that goes into depth about his stage set up and talks about that Carvin cabinet. It's a great idea, but I couldn't find any further information from Carvin or if they even make that type of cab for the general public. It appears they don't. I was also told on another forum about a Crate 2x12 wedge with Celestions; no model number and I didn't see it at any of the typical online places. Anybody know anything about it?
          "... and is there anyone out there who can sing music beyond either the Dead/Phish/jam band of the week

or

obscure B-side GreatWhiteLionSnake demos recorded in the basement of some guy who was the girlfriend's second cousin's in-law's best man?

I swear to God, if we audition another American Idol wannabee or have another no show, I'll turn postal. I'm a donkey on the frickin' edge."

Comment

I saw a Crate angled 2x12 on one of the big online dealer sites, but it was out of stock. I don't know what the model name/number was, but it basically looked like the top half of a slanted 4x12 cab.

Otherwise, I believe Lopo makes a slanted 2x12, although it wasn't much of a slant based on the pics I saw.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
              I saw a Crate angled 2x12 on one of the big online dealer sites, but it was out of stock. I don't know what the model name/number was, but it basically looked like the top half of a slanted 4x12 cab.

Otherwise, I believe Lopo makes a slanted 2x12, although it wasn't much of a slant based on the pics I saw.
              Were you at GC today (Sun., 10/21)? I think I saw you. I was trying out the Spider Valve. You were looking at Peaveys. I'm guessing maybe you were with your brother.

Comment

Working...
              X