VettaValve possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VettaValve possible?

Im curious... if Line 6 has as much success with the new SpiderValve as reviews suggest, do you think theres a possibility of a VettaValve series amp? I think it would be awesome... baaaad for my wallet, but awesome none the less!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Like you said, if the Spider Valve is well received and doesn't have a "case of the Gremlins", I would think the Vetta Valve would follow soon.

I think the Spider will be fine for me though. I'd never take advantage of all the option the Vetta would give me. I like the "plug and play" mentality - the Flextone series was more than enough for me. I can get useable tones out of any L6 product though. I'm not a huge fan of the effects section of the Spider Valve, but I can certainly live with it. I like the effects setup of the Flex and the Floor POD Plus - if it was a little more like that, I'd be happier.

I cancelled my order for the HD from Musician's Friend - I'm going to get it at GC instead for a couple reasons: I won't have to worry about shipping it back if there's a problem (I can check it out in the store), and they're going to give me a "bro deal" on it.

Comment

Im waiting for my local GC to get one in, I wanna give it a shot. If I like it, Ill be waiting for the Vetta version. I absolutely love my Vetta... used it last night at a show un-mic'd with one 4x12 cab and it cut through like a son of a bitch! And that was with the volume at 1 o'clock on half power setting!

Completely drowned out my other guitarists Ampeg which was on full.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
        Sounds like he needs new tubes...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
          Im waiting for my local GC to get one in, I wanna give it a shot. If I like it, Ill be waiting for the Vetta version. I absolutely love my Vetta... used it last night at a show un-mic'd with one 4x12 cab and it cut through like a son of a bitch! And that was with the volume at 1 o'clock on half power setting!

Dunno if you want to drive an hour and a half to try one, but Lancaster, PA GC has the 112 in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
            Sounds like he needs new tubes...
            Its a solid state. :ROTF:

Nah Im not driving out to Lancaster... though my girl would love it (thats where she grew up) Im not in that big of a hurry to try it.

Comment

Wow, the general opinon on the Line6 forums is that almost nobody wants a Vetta-Valve. They consider it a step backwards. While I can see their point of view, tubes have always been the standard. If we can combine the best of tubes, with the best of solid state, why not? Step back or not, if it sounds better, then thats all that matters!

Comment

I still say that if a guy only plays at home or he runs direct to the PA when playing live, having a tube power section is totally and completely negligible. Since 99% of the distortion/overdrive sounds in any modeling amp are already emulating an overdriven tube section, what's the point?

Of course, this also brings up another nagging question; if the idea is to crank it up and get all of that "tube goodness," will it also sound as good at lower listening levels? And if so, again, what's the point?
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                X