Re-tolex or buy replacment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-tolex or buy replacment?

I have an old Marshall JMP 50 watt that has NO tolex on it. The guy before me stripped it to bare wood and sealed it. Not collectable since the head has been modded.
    I just hate the look and want to either retolex it, or get a replacment (MOJO or Splawn).
    I can get a MOJO shell on ebay for the price it will cost for a re-tolex... would you go for the new shell or just a re-tolex?

Tolexing really isn't that difficult as long as you have some patience. Plus you can choose whatever color you want. Can you say SNAKESKIN?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I priced a replacement box from splawn not to long ago and it was cheap. 185 bucks, I think....
      "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Yep - same $$ if I get someone to retolex for me.
        I may try to do it myself...

Comment

Do it in black and white fluffy faux leopard skin!
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

the Splawn head cases are pretty cool. I bought a white one from them...good stuff
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

http://www.mojomusicalsupply.com/ I just got some tolex and some waterbased glue from them and I am currently recovering a Marshall cab. The stuff is great.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                Do it in black and white fluffy faux leopard skin!
                mmmm. classy AND practical.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                X