• Show
Clear All

Another 362NR user here.

Comment

I found this on Craigs $75.
      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/461318051.html

Comment

Nice price.
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I tried the 422 in my rack rig, made it too hi-fi sounding for my taste. Got kinda lost in the band mix too so I sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
            422A. Ask Bill.
            That's the one I've got. Your not cool if you don't have the 422a

Comment

Originally posted by dmtnt View Post
              I tried the 422 in my rack rig, made it too hi-fi sounding for my taste. Got kinda lost in the band mix too so I sold it.
              That was stupid. You could have used it in your stereo system

For the record, mine is collecting dust waiting for the day I pick up one of those shitty 5150 heads that need a BBE to clean it up

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

For the record, mine is collecting dust waiting for the day I pick up one of those shitty 5150 heads that need a BBE to clean it up
                lol..5150 heads..shitty...5150 II's..not so shitty. I owned a 5150 II and the first minute I plugged it in..I was like..shit..this needs some stereo or something..it sounds soo damn mono! lol

Comment

Originally posted by minh80 View Post
                  lol..5150 heads..shitty...5150 II's..not so shitty. I owned a 5150 II and the first minute I plugged it in..I was like..shit..this needs some stereo or something..it sounds soo damn mono! lol
                  hmmm..That's odd, because they're basically the same amp.

Like I've said before the BBE is NOT a one size fits all unit..I've tried the unit with everything I owned. It did well with Marshall (mine is stereo with my 9200), Ampeg, Randall, Crate, and especially 5150s.

They sound like ass in a Recto, and upper end stuff such as VHT, Soldano..especially my Uber!!!

you just gotta try 'em. Even though I'm partial to the 422 doesn't mean other models won't help/enhance your amp..the 462 really woke up a Crate BV 120..
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    In hindsight I wish I would've kept it for my band's PA!

Comment

Originally posted by krimson View Post
                      I have a 5150 and a Triple Rec. I have used my 422a with my 5150 and have gotten great results but with the Triple Rec it totally sucks. Even if I bypass the 422 it still sounds like crap, I have to literally remove it from the loop whenever I connect my rack to the Mesa.

That's cool, it could have been another link in the chained, like my old Hush unit..it may have been that.

That was a long time ago..
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

5150 II's have a better/cleaner gain than a 5150..I know it sounds crazy, because the only difference is that the II's have an extra tube..and that's about it. Spec wise, you're right..its virtually almost the same amp, but they both sound much different in terms of the lead channel.

Comment

Working...
                        X