Celeston Seventy Eighty Speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celeston Seventy Eighty Speakers?

i am on the hunt for a new amp and i like 80's/90's metal. i am considering a carvin v3 head or a vox ad100vt xl combo (need more research on the vox). if i buy the v3 head the matching carvin 412 speaker cab is over $600. i have noticed that crate 412 cabs and other brands are going for around $300 online. these cabs have celestion seventy eighty speakers in them. the carvin cabs have the fancy vintage 30 speakers in them making the carvin cabs expensive. so are celestion seventy eighty speakers junk? and would they work with a high gain head like the v3? thanks folks.

I actually love em...They seem to really shine in high gain applications.

I have em in my YCV 80 2x12 combo...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

i believe thats whats in my randall cab and if so they kickass
      ----------
      Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

Carvin also has another cab that's $400 but it has Carvin speakers

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
          Carvin also has another cab that's $400 but it has Carvin speakers
          yeah, they call them carvin british series speakers that are in their cheaper priced cabinets. hell, for all we know celestion might even make these speakers for carvin. i'm just afraid to try carvin speakers since i have used celestion speakers in most of my amps. i have had good luck with celestion speakers.
          Last edited by jaydog; 10-27-2007, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X