New G-Flex cabinet gets put to the test! Gig Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New G-Flex cabinet gets put to the test! Gig Report

I got to break in the 2x12 Genz Benz G-Flex cabinet that I just bought on Wednesday night. I played a gig for my upper management at General Mills. We played at an upscale resort hotel outside on a 3rd floor patio in Tempe, Arizona. The weather was perfect! We actually managed to dial the sound in pretty easily. Our Director of Field Sales (our highest level boss!) sang on a number of songs including American Girl, What I Like About You, Suffragette City and others. He's a kareoke regular and did a great job. I got to meet a lot of people and connect names from corporate e-mails to faces, and see a lot of other co-workers as well. The food was awesome, and there was an open bar and as nice dessert table too. We got a lot of compliments and even winged a song, Twist and Shout that about 6 people came up and sang kareoke to. All in all, a great night, and the G-Flex cabinet delivered. It sounds every bit as good as my full size Dual Rectifier cabinet. It also sounds great using my Power Block- it's got awesome bottom end and sounds great for rythym and leads. I would definitely recommend it to anybody. And the best part- it's VERY LIGHT!

I don't know what kind of pix I have of the event yet since our band photographer (my wife) was not there, but I will post any I get ahold of. I think some co-workers took pix- I saw a lot of flashes going off. (No, unfortunately, not those kind of flashes- too bad!)

Awesome. I have a 4x12 oversized rectifier cab but am looking for something smaller, so I have been torn between the G-Flex (as I have heard great things so far) and a mesa 2x12 cab. Glad to hear everything went well!

Comment

RE: G-Flex V.S. Mesa 2 x12.......

To help you decide on a cabinet, I can tell you this. When I found this one I put it side by side with a 2x12 Rectifier cab and plugged from one into the other. I only had to do it once- I tried the Mesa first and then the G-Flex and it was like day and night, no question at all! I didn't even go back the the Mesa to be sure- it was that much of a difference.

And, it's real light to pick up on top of that.

Comment

Working...
      X