Using the Vetta live...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the Vetta live...

Beings that I just joined a band and have played 3 shows so far with the Vetta, I couldnt be happier.

First of all, the flexibility. I have no pedals, chords and power cables to fumble with. I plug the head in, run two cables to the cab and one cable for the FBV, and Im ready. Im always the first one set up... Im usually tuned and ready to go before anyone else is even done plugging their shit in.

It REALLY cuts through. Before joining the band, this was never a concern for me... but since Im playing out now, it is. I used it last night un-mic'd and it totally cut through. Volume at 1 o'clock on half power setting through 1 4x12 it was MORE than enough. The power of this amp alone is amazing.

It really is a great amp. Sure, it may not be quite as good as a tube amp, but Ill trade that for the flexibility and reliability any day of the week!

Now heres to hoping for a Vetta-Valve!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Nice review but!!!!

It IS as good as a tube amp. I sacrifice NOTHING using my Vetta. I get tons of compliments mainly from other guitar players. The Vetta is a great amp and proves that the tube myth is just that... a myth.

Comment

Just curious, how does the Vetta handle palm muting the low strings on a high gain type model? Do the notes decay in a natural sounding way or is there any "flubbi-ness", for lack of a better word?

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
        Just curious, how does the Vetta handle palm muting the low strings on a high gain type model? Do the notes decay in a natural sounding way or is there any "flubbi-ness", for lack of a better word?
        I can get "chunk" galore on mine, so that's not a problem.

I recently switched from playing a Marshall JCM800 2210 to a Vetta II HD head. Since I don't play in a band, I greatly prefer the Vetta over the Marshall. The Marshall has NO usable clean sound and very little versatility.

Here's another observation.... unless you live in the middle of nowhere, you won't have the luxury of cranking most tube amps up high enough to get that "tube sound." So therefore, to get a good overdriven sound, it's all preamp and distortion boxes, anyway. I fail to see how playing at bedroom volumes really makes a difference between tubes and modeling.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
          I fail to see how playing at bedroom volumes really makes a difference between tubes and modeling.
          ...unless you are using a good attenuator.
          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post

Unless you spend a ton on a good attenuator and you know how to use it properly.. its as good as putting a blanket over your speaker cabinet.
            I am absolutely not a fan of attenuation unless it is used in moderation.

VETTA RULES

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
              I can palm mute with my Vetta and cause stuff to fall off of the walls.

No flub at all under any conditions. The Vetta sounds great at any volume and at just about every different kind of amp model. Also... the effects don't muddy up your sound at all.

I can't say enough about the Vetta Version 2.5

Its the cats meow....

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                Or letting the GT-8 hold back the fury!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                  Or letting the GT-8 hold back the fury!
                  Hell, yeah!
                  Sam

Comment

I have a GT-8 too. Its the balls. The best floor processor in the business. Its basically a Vetta on the floor. I would be happy using either live. I use the Vetta because I like the longboard better. The buttons are farther apart and I like having a separate wah and volume pedal.

Comment

So GT8 vs. XTLive - who wins?

Comment

GT8 of course! Its the GT-8 Vs Vetta that is undecided.
                        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                          So GT8 vs. XTLive - who wins?
                          Apples to oranges. That and there's too many haters/fanboys to ever get a real unbiased poinion.

Comment

They both do the same thing how is it apples to oranges?

Comment

I thought the amps/effects in the Xt was basically the same as the vetta, but without alla the advanced functions like 2 amp sims at the same time and such?

Am i wrong?

Comment

Working...
                              X