anyone got a randall rg80es???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone got a randall rg80es???

i've been lookin all over the place for the schematics, but no luck. i found a site that sold em for 20 bucks, but what can i say....i'm cheap. i've played this thing for awhile now and its actin funny. if i turn up too loud it cuts off and if i dont turn it up enough it doesnt make a sound. any advice or if anyone could help me find the schematics itd be greatly appreciated!!!

Just email Randall, they will send you a copy. If not let me know, I have it. I just can't seem to figure out how to paste it in here. I own 2 of these and I love em. Been gigging with them for years. One of mine is a head and the other is a rg100es 4-10 combo. Great amps!!!

Comment

I am gonna be on the lookout for one of these amps, they seem to be right up my alley!
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by dironifish View Post
        Just email Randall, they will send you a copy. If not let me know, I have it. I just can't seem to figure out how to paste it in here. I own 2 of these and I love em. Been gigging with them for years. One of mine is a head and the other is a rg100es 4-10 combo. Great amps!!!
        yeah ive had a few of those RG100's , great sounding amp.

Comment

RG100's , great sounding amp.
          +1

Comment

that Zebra print is badass!

I wish I could find one like that, but I suppose at gigs, if you spill anything on it, it will stain quite a bit more than tolex!
            Out Of Ideas

Comment

I've had alot of guitar players ask me if it was a tube amp. I've gigged the hell out of it, bounced it around the back of pick-up trucks, and it still works like the day it was new. I'll never buy another tube amp the rest of my life. I found the sound that makes me happy with this amp, and a Charvel 650xl

Comment

I owned about a dozen of these back in the day. A freind and I I loved the RG 80's . But they sound like shit at high levels tring to compete with a loud drummer, bass stack, ect..and that's not including another guitarist and vocals..

I had them in Zebra, Snakeskin, Red, White, Black tolex, and black and grey Ozite

I ran mine with Marshall cabs..the randal cabs with "Jaguars" trully sucked!!!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I wish I still had one of these. I had a RG 120 half stack and my RG 80's kicked it's ass in tone IMO!!!

Fun amps for dure. I only got rid of it when I started "jamming" with my old drumer..he's REALLY loud I had to crank it much past it cmofort level to be heard.

Great amps tho..I used to buy them all the time 10 years ago for $100-200..I paid $200 for a black half stack..w/ Jaguars

just 6 years ago my cuz sold a mint 5150 half stack for $400..that's when everyone was scratching records and their balls instead of playing guitars...remember those days..about SIX years ago!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I would like to find one in like a "diiferent" color/scheme (snakeskin, zebra, red, white)

but I will mostlikely wind up just getting a cheap black one for like $100
                    Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                      I would like to find one in like a "diiferent" color/scheme (snakeskin, zebra, red, white)

but I will mostlikely wind up just getting a cheap black one for like $100
                      Hey, that's cool..they are very consistant in tone. I did have one "sweet" one that was covered in grey ozite..it was my favorite for some reason. It had a particuliar warm sound to it that nobody would prolly notice. I have old tapes of me playing that amp.

Comment

Working...
                      X