Rebuilding a Cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding a Cab?

I have an amp cab that I want to (obviously) rebuild. Its a 70s Traynor, and it looks it age. The grille is ripped up not to mention it smells like someone smoked pot around it for years, the vinyl covering is all marked up and has cuts, tears, and stains, and finally the chrome piping is all beat up and broken. In terms of priority, its Tolex, Piping, Grille Clothe. How hard would it be to repair this? I may not replace the grille cloth if I can't find an identical pattern, as I like the actual color, but its torn upHere is is That picture understates its condition though.

well if the woods good then it should be fairly easy. tolex is pretty much cut and wrap with a good amount of spray adhesive. piping isnt anything more than nicely placed staples and the grille cloth is gonna be the easiest part. are you trying to rebuild back to factory specs? or are you gonna go custom? personally i'd hook it up with red tolex or somethin crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
      well if the woods good then it should be fairly easy. tolex is pretty much cut and wrap with a good amount of spray adhesive. piping isnt anything more than nicely placed staples and the grille cloth is gonna be the easiest part. are you trying to rebuild back to factory specs? or are you gonna go custom? personally i'd hook it up with red tolex or somethin crazy.
      I was thinking of keeping ti fairly stock. so far the only issue is the grille, which I'm having a hard time finding a comparable pattern of. I'm either going to keep ti fairly stock lookign or go crazy.

http://www.vibroworld.com/parts/tech11.html

If I keep it stock, I'll go with the black Tolex. If I go crazy, I may go for the faux vinyl snake skin, and maybe Mesa boogie or Marshall Black grille clothe.

Comment

Working...
      X