EVH 5150 lll...today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH 5150 lll...today!!

ENGL is back in the shop, EVH half stack back home with me. Again, sounded great in the shop...we'll see.

Got a rehearsal tomorrow night (Tuesday) and then a gig on Saturday. This time I'll test it out before the gig (couldn't do that with the ENGL as it only arrived on the day before the last gig).

Does anyone have any tips or tone settings for this amp? I've so far tried the sample setting in the manual and copied the settings of my 6505, which sounds good at house volume. I've also tried the head through my Marshall 1960A (stock G12T 75's), and so far I prefer that cab over the 5150 lll cab; again, we'll see.

I'd be grateful for any advice on this.

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
    ENGL is back in the shop, EVH half stack back home with me. Again, sounded great in the shop...we'll see.

Got a rehearsal tomorrow night (Tuesday) and then a gig on Saturday. This time I'll test it out before the gig (couldn't do that with the ENGL as it only arrived on the day before the last gig).

Does anyone have any tips or tone settings for this amp? I've so far tried the sample setting in the manual and copied the settings of my 6505, which sounds good at house volume. I've also tried the head through my Marshall 1960A (stock G12T 75's), and so far I prefer that cab over the 5150 lll cab; again, we'll see.

I'd be grateful for any advice on this.

Well for me... Presence all the way up.. and i love the middle "Blue" channel.. Up to you how bright or bassy you want it.. I usually suck
    the mids out (say around 3) but on this amp i like the mids to be about
    7) Enjoy!

Comment

Just drop it off at my apartment and I'll check the settings for you.
      I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sean..Congrats!!

Dude, tweak your amp to your drummer if able. That is the level you need to be at. Whatever tone I dial in at moderate levels..totally changes when I'm at "band" level!!

GOOD LUCK..and let us know!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well I tried the EVH last night...it fucking rocks! I still used an SD-1, though in all honesty it doesn't need it (contradiction...). I thought it sounded better with the Marshall cab in the house, but the EVH matching cab is ten times better when used at volume. The gain doesn't lose its depth or warmth the higher it's cranked.

This head doesn't like the BBE like the 5150 does, but the effects loop is in my opinion perfect for stomp delay/reverb/chorus.

Comment

Very Nice..that's good to hear!!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Doesn't the head already have a reverb for each channel?
              I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

No, there's no reverb in the EVH lll.

Comment

Working...
                X