My JSX Died - Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread resurrection: the JSX is fixed!

I finally got around to calling Peavey's service line. Those guys were awesome! In a 5 minute conversation, they pulled up the JSX's schematics and told me the most likely culprit and how to fix it.

Not only did they tell me what the problem was, but they even nailed the exact specific fuse that caused it. 10 amp fuse internal to the chassis. (The JSX has 5 seperate fuses - 4 internal, 1 external.) ...Pete had pretty much nailed it above, too. And I just happened to have one on hand.

Fired right up after replacing it.

Comment

Cool! Good for you. Say, did you purchase the amp new? Meaning, did you have a valid warranty for them to help you out one-on-one? Or will they do such a service even if I buy a used one?

I got all the info I wanted by emails with Peavey and they were extremely helpful. But I never thought they would help you fix the problem. Excellent.
      Sam

Comment

I bought it new, so it was under warranty. Honestly, though, I don't think that issue ever came up during the call. They definitely didn't ask me for a serial # or anything. I just went into describing the problem, and they went into researching the likely cause, and then walking me through the fix.

I was very impressed - great customer service!

Comment

Working...
        X