Ordered a Heritage Colonial Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered a Heritage Colonial Today

I ordered a Heritage Colonial amp today. Anyone here heard of them?

www.heritageamplifiers.com

They get rave reviews on The Gear Page, and I played through one a few nights ago.

It's a 50 watt, all tube, single channel, hand-wired turret-board amp. Can get crunchy if you crank it up loud enough, but I am getting it for its clean headroom.

It has two preamp tubes, a tube phase inverter, a tube rectifier, and two output tubes. Can use either EL34s or 6L6s, and has user bias adjustments on the back of the amp.

I ordered the amp head and a 2x12 cabinet. My head will be the standard black Tolex, but I custom ordered a burgundy flame maple face plate instead of the black stained one that it usually comes with.

8 Week wait, so I should get it at the start of the new year.

Hopefully my quest for the ultimate clean amp is over.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

BTW, their part of the same organization as Heritage guitars.

Here's a site with lots of pics:

- E.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
      I ordered a Heritage Colonial amp today. Anyone here heard of them?

Well, gee, Eric, judging by the overwhelming response to this thread...I guess not!

I ordered the amp head and a 2x12 cabinet. My head will be the standard black Tolex, but I custom ordered a burgundy flame maple face plate instead of the black stained one that it usually comes with.

Ooh, custom face plates! Will we be seeing pics soon?

8 Week wait, so I should get it at the start of the new year.

Hopefully my quest for the ultimate clean amp is over.

- E.
      Well, where is it?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Well, gee, Eric, judging by the overwhelming response to this thread...I guess not!
        Yeah, where did you find this? Page 42?

Ooh, custom face plates! Will we be seeing pics soon?
        Not soon, because it won't get delivered until after NAMM.

Well, where is it?
        Right now, it's in Brentwood, Tennessee, waiting for the cabinets to get finished. But January 17th-20th, it will be at NAMM! They said the custom face plate looked so good that they called me and asked me if they could use my amp in their booth at the show. I said they could.

You know Ron, you didn't sound like like that big of a smart ass on the phone today, but now I'm beginning to wonder!

- E.

Comment

I've actually heard of them, on The Gear Page as well. Supposed to be good stuff! Can't say that I've heard one in person though. Since it will be at NAMM, I can post pix before you actually recieve it Come to think of it, Ron is usually at NAMM so perhaps I can post some pix of Ron playing through it first :ROTF:
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
            I've actually heard of them, on The Gear Page as well. Supposed to be good stuff! Can't say that I've heard one in person though. Since it will be at NAMM, I can post pix before you actually recieve it Come to think of it, Ron is usually at NAMM so perhaps I can post some pix of Ron playing through it first :ROTF:
            Actually, I will be at NAMM this year (with Ron most likely) so I will get to see it.

Letting them show it at NAMM will likely delay my receiving it by two or three weeks, but I am hoping it gets the "extra special" treatment since they'll want it to be perfect.

- E.

Comment

Now you just need a NAMM Jackson to go with that NAMM amp
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

This is the first time I have heard about the Heritage amps. Checking their site out. I really like how they support adjusting the bias in both design and documentation. Looks like a small but dedicated company.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                  This is the first time I have heard about the Heritage amps. Checking their site out. I really like how they support adjusting the bias in both design and documentation. Looks like a small but dedicated company.
                  Yep, 5 people working there. The colonial can run with a variety of various power tubes as well, and you can also change the rectifier tube to give you even more power tube options.

It comes stock with EL34s, but I will likely load it with 6L6s, since I want the clean headroom. I was going to have them install 6L6s at the factory, but I thought I'd try the 34s first and see how I like them.

Looking forward to getting it. I have been switching my style over a bit to play songs with a clean tone instead of the high gain stuff I've been playing for the last 20 years. I still like metal, and enjoy playing it, but learning stuff like Chris Isaak and Stray Cats has diversified my playing.

- E.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                    Now you just need a NAMM Jackson to go with that NAMM amp
                    Only in my dreams!

- E.

Comment

That's MISTER Smart Ass to you heh heh
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've played this amp extensively in my buddy's shop.....I hope your playing big venues!

Loud to the tenth power...
                        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I just spoke to Val at Heritage, and he said they decided NOT to display my amp in their booth at NAMM. He said they didn't want to risk anything by shipping it twice.

Now it will hopefully be waiting for me when I return home from the show!

- E.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
                            I've played this amp extensively in my buddy's shop.....I hope your playing big venues!

Loud to the tenth power...
                            Ummm, does my 13' by 18' music room/theater qualify as large?

My music room is in the basement, and the bedrooms are two floors up from that, plus my family sleeps very soundly. I knew it was a loud amp, but I wanted something with a ton of clean headroom for when I jam with my friends.

- E.

Comment

Heritage Amplifiers used to be Holland Amplifiers. Heritage bought out the line to bring the Holland amp that Kenny Burrel used into production as the Heritage Kenny Burrel model amp. I've only heard really, really good things about these amps, hope yours doesn't disappoint!
                              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                              X