Crate Bv-120 Hb Blue Voodoo Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate Bv-120 Hb Blue Voodoo Head

has anyone tried out a crate blue voodoo head? i like 80's and 90's metal and saw that the bv-120 hb head was only $750 new at musicians friend.i was wondering if this amp had high gain. and i also was wondering if the distortion sounds good at low levels as well as at high levels.

I've never played one, but one of the bands that used to team up with mine had a full BV stack. But get this: The guitarist never used the distortion! He used the BV essentially as a power amp for some floorboard effects rig...

That said, they are supposed to be built for high gain. Trace at Voodoo seems to think they're also good for modding. I'd try to get a used one and save a few hundred if I were you.

Comment

A lot of people here seem to dig them, I was in a band for quite a while with a guy that had one and I never felt like his amp could cut along with my amp and the other guitarist's amp (mesa dual rec and marshall jcm2000 respectively)...however like I said, lots of people here use them and like the sounds the get from them, so the real solution is to try it yourself and see what you think.

Comment

I have one, and like it a LOT. Has plenty of gain (yep, I USE the distortion LOL), works great for me.

Comment

Working...
        X