Hum Debugger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hum Debugger

I came across some info about this on the Line 6 forums. My guitar cavity isnt shielded, and as such around certain items I get a nasty hum thru my rig.. yes even the All-mighty Vetta is subject to such nastiness.

Has anyone any experience with this little beautiful invention? If it does exactly what is says it does, they just might make more money from this product than their entire combined catalogue

http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?...6_Hum_Debugger

Sounds like a guitarists wet-dream to me, ... but also sounds like a pipe-dream.
    www.myspace.com/madeaband
    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

well, personally, I feel that if the problem is at the source, fix it at the source. If your guitar hums so much, then take a good look at the electronics and soldering, grounding etc. My DK2T used to hum a LOT. My sl2ht wouldn't. It was really hard to play the same patches using the two guitars. I tried shielding the entire cavity with copper tape and boy was that useless. I re-wired everything and still no luck. Finally, I remove the blade switch and replaced it with a toggle and all hum disappeared!

so, get quality parts for your guitar and your humming will be gone.

I was reading an article on guitarnuts.com or somewhere and it made so much sense in what the guy was trying to say. people plug into these $50 gold-tipped, oxygen-free, blah blah cables into $5000 amps but forget to notice the rust on their output jacks.
    Sam

Comment

Also, if you have ground looping or AC Hum going on try one of these baby's. Ebtech Hum X http://www.ebtechaudio.com/humxdes.html They are awesome. I have two of them and use them with many types and mfgr. amps. An inexpensive little device that works
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
      X