No announcement yet.

gt-8, POD XT live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kind of stuck between these 2 and should be buying one soon. I'll need it for live sound mainly but the real bonus will be recording. I live with a guy who has a GT-8 and I get to use it all the time. Looks good for the live aspect. How do you guys find it for recording? I tried recording the headphone out and adding a simulated cab with software but the results were horrible. How do you guys record with it?
    I know I can record with miced cabs but I want to record at a low volume to demo my ideas. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by demeyes View Post
      I'm kind of stuck between these 2 and should be buying one soon. I'll need it for live sound mainly but the real bonus will be recording. I live with a guy who has a GT-8 and I get to use it all the time. Looks good for the live aspect. How do you guys find it for recording? I tried recording the headphone out and adding a simulated cab with software but the results were horrible. How do you guys record with it?
      I know I can record with miced cabs but I want to record at a low volume to demo my ideas. Any suggestions?
      It records fantastic. So good in fact..you may never use traditional mic's and real amps again.

Comment

demeyes, if you like how they sound live, from what I've been told, the Boss is the way to go. I know my XTL sounds like ass live.

that said, even if the boss sucked for live, you could find a used POD for cheap cheap cheap to record with.

Comment

Working...
        X