Marshall MG100HDFX & GT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall MG100HDFX & GT8

I’m very frustrated and looking for some help. Let me start by saying I’m in no way a gear-head and have a hard time grasping tech concepts so I may need detailed instructions. What I’d like to accomplish is to successfully use the 4 cable method with my Marshall MG100HDFX amp head and My Boss GT8. I just haven’t been able to get a good sound out of it, its very thin. I’d really like to get some chunk you can feel. Anybody have any suggestions, I’d be extremely greatful. Like I said I may need detailed instructions. I’ve tried many things but none sounds better than the other. Not sure if I’m trying the right thing or I just really don’t know what I’m doing. Probably both.

Have you set your GT-8's output correctly? When switching between "amp" and "line/phones" (mixer etc), the sound may differ and consequently you have to adjust. I came across this when I created all my patches using headphones. Then I put it into a friend's Marshall and it sounded thin.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm not sure how to answer that question. All the settings pretty much sound the same except for Line/Phones. Thats the only one that sounds halfway decent but it's a little too muddy. Still missing the chunk. I'm not really fooling with made patches becuase I relise what you are saying. I've only been fooling with presets.

Comment

You're not using the MG preamp at all are you? I've never used the GT-8, but I know the MG series amp's can have some crunch to them, but yeah, it's pretty muddy. Best thing is to get a BBE, does wonders for that amp.

Comment

Bbe?

Comment

Sonic maximiser. Plays with your frequencies and add tons of clarity. Model 422 recommended.

The GT8 should also have universal eq settings. Try boosting the lows from the setup when you use that amp.
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Have yo tried just plugging the gt8 straight to the effect return of the marshall?

Might sound better that way actually.

Comment

Working...
              X