VHT Pitbull CL100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT Pitbull CL100

I heard one last night at our gig. Guy was playing it through a VHT 4 x 12 cab. It was a CL100 with an onboard EQ.
    How did it sound???
    Outstanding. Extremely good sound. The guy had a large pedal board full of vintage effect boxes and the combination was really good.
    Clear, articulate, it cleaned up really good by rolling off the guitar volume and it was loud as a mofo.
    Its a great amp.

Steve makes a kick ass amp. I had the chance to mess around with a UL and it was a beast. Loud, thick and so defined.
    I almost pulled the trigger on one until I heard about the new SIG__X model coming out, so I am on a holding pattern.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I had a CLX 100 with the EQ option. The CLX is the 3 channel version. They are really loud, very tight with a ton of headroom. The tone is somewhat dry also. In my opinion a greet speed metal amp. If you want crunch, it may be acheivable with low watt speakers. I believe VHT cabs have 50 watt speakers in them.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
        I had a CLX 100 with the EQ option. The CLX is the 3 channel version. They are really loud, very tight with a ton of headroom. The tone is somewhat dry also. In my opinion a greet speed metal amp. If you want crunch, it may be acheivable with low watt speakers. I believe VHT cabs have 50 watt speakers in them.

Jack

Yep.. it was a tight mutha

Comment

I think that was the amps used by guitars in Fight back in the day I saw them a few times and that amp was awesome live much better tight low end then a rectifier with better clarity to boot. VHT is great stuff.
          http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

If you ever want to try one out... I have a Pitbull Ultra-Lead head (the 3-channel version of the CL100). I'm in north jersey. Not too many VHT dealers around.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

so when you getting one John

I have the 50 CL w/EQ+REV and its a smoking amp, clear articulate and responsive are the other words that come to mind other that it kicks much ass The also have the best loops out there imho.

my 1/2 stack on the right

Yeah the VHT cabs have P50E's which are emminnce speakers built for VHT.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                so when you getting one John

I have the 50 CL w/EQ+REV and its a smoking amp, clear articulate and responsive are the other words that come to mind other that it kicks much ass The also have the best loops out there imho.

my 1/2 stack on the right

Yeah the VHT cabs have P50E's which are emminnce speakers built for VHT.
                I am looking for one now!

Comment

I always preferred the 50/CL over the ultralead - just crunchier to my ears. Be advised, they are a microscope for your playing. Not as bad as my trainwreck, but pretty bad - what you put into it is exactly what you get out. If you're too used to coasting with a modelling amp, it might humble you for a bit.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                    I always preferred the 50/CL over the ultralead - just crunchier to my ears. Be advised, they are a microscope for your playing. Not as bad as my trainwreck, but pretty bad - what you put into it is exactly what you get out. If you're too used to coasting with a modelling amp, it might humble you for a bit.

Pete
                    I'm not a coaster Pete. You know that.
                    I am getting a little tired of my Vetta. It sounds great night after night...day after day. It always is spot on. Thats the problem. Every tone I get out of it is excellent but none of them are exactly "my" tone.
                    The band that we played with on Friday's guitar player had the VHT and a bunch of kick ass vintage effects... I'm talking 70's and 80's old school high end stuff.. and he really created his own tone. Most of it came from rolling on and off of his guitar volume.

Comment

VHTs rule!!

I always thought so..
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                        I'm not a coaster Pete. You know that.
                        I am getting a little tired of my Vetta. It sounds great night after night...day after day. It always is spot on. Thats the problem. Every tone I get out of it is excellent but none of them are exactly "my" tone.
                        The band that we played with on Friday's guitar player had the VHT and a bunch of kick ass vintage effects... I'm talking 70's and 80's old school high end stuff.. and he really created his own tone. Most of it came from rolling on and off of his guitar volume.
                        Wasn't insulting you John, but if you get used to playing an amp that smooths everything out like a modelling amp, going back to something that is like a VHT (or worse, a trainwreck) can be a huge adjustment. That's all I'm saying, it happened to me too. If you're looking for old school 70s-80s tones, check out a trainwreck clone. I think for what you dig, you'd really enjoy one.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                          if you get used to playing an amp that smooths everything out like a modelling amp
                          Pete, what exactly do you mean by smoothing everything out? smoothing out what?

I also use the Vetta and am curious what you are referring to specifically...

this is an area where I have a lot to learn.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I was looking at those pitbull amps too, but its out of my budget range. Has anyone tried the Deliverance amps?

Comment

I cant speak for what Pete was saying but I'm gonna guess hes talking about how unforgiving the VHT is to ones technique. If your chops and technique are not up to snuff...it will be plain as day playing though a CL...at least on my 50 CL
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X