Acoustic amp/small PA - what to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic amp/small PA - what to buy?

Our church is looking for a small portable PA or acoustic/vocal amp, and I'm trying to give them some good advice. They would be running acoustic guitars and vocals through it. It needs to be simple to operate.

They would also like to add a basic monitor system to their extremely basic current PA, which currently consists of a power amp, a board and ONE (yes, one) speaker suspended from the ceiling in the main church area (they have no portable system at all right now).

I was thinking about recommending the Bose PS1 system, since it seems to offer everything needed and is portable and easy to operate. It is pricey, though. Does anyone have any thoughts about whether this is a good choice, or whether something else would make more sense (e.g., Carvin or other brand acoustic/vocal amp or small Fender Passport or other brand portable PA, maybe HotSpots for monitors, etc.)

Thanks!

A few things...

Fender Passport 150 or 250
    Carvin AG100D

I have used the Fenders and they are excellent. I have heard nothing but rave reviews regarding the Carvin.

Comment

+1 on the Fender passport system. I've used the 150 and 250 for school functions,liked the 250 better sounded a little cleaner and of course more power. The speakers clip right on the side of the head great, for transportability but a lttle awkward weight distribution wise. The poles for the speakers sell seperatlly but come in there own carrying bag.
      I borrowed the 250 for one of our gigs and we used it as a moniter system. We were all stunned, it sounded better than our mains.

Comment

Thanks guys! I appreciate your advice!

Comment

Working...
        X