Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why am I picking up am/fm radio on my amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I picking up am/fm radio on my amp?

I've never noticed this before but I'm sitting here playing through my JSX stack on the ultra channel and when I turn down the volume of the guitar I get some sort of AM or FM channel bleeding through the speakers!!!! What is that all about???? Is this normal???
    E = Fb

Old/poor wiring in your house. Do you have a good surge protector/RF filter? That can help.

Comment

It's actually a brand new house...just moved into it a few days ago and it's all new construction. The amp is plugged into my Furman pedal board w/power conditioner and then into the wall.
      E = Fb

Comment

Just lately my Teese RMC3 Wah started picking up a talk show radio
        when I turned on the Wah.
        I bought a Furman power conditioner which didn't help.
        There are complaints about this on the his web site.
        Q: My wah picks up radio signals.
        A:
        This is an age old problem with wah pedals. Contact me directly so I can determine the proper solution, which depends on the model that you own.
        Time to give him a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Chemist View Post
          It's actually a brand new house...just moved into it a few days ago and it's all new construction. The amp is plugged into my Furman pedal board w/power conditioner and then into the wall.
          Well shit... Never mind then...

Comment

Bad instrument cable. Bad speaker cable. Bad ground.
            Its one of those 3 things.

Comment

Try a different cable for the guitar.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Ok, tried swapping out cables...same problem. I noticed the Dyna Comp made the radio signal much worse/stronger but even when it wasn't pressed I could still here the radio. I tried using all 3 different ground positions on the back of the amp too...nothing helped. I'll keep checking other things.
                E = Fb

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Chemist View Post
                  Just because it's new construction doesn't mean someone didn't forget to ground that outlet, or the whole house, properly. Might get that checked to make sure...
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                    Just because it's new construction doesn't mean someone didn't forget to ground that outlet, or the whole house, properly. Might get that checked to make sure...
                    good point! ...and I love your sig.
                    E = Fb

Comment

Groffy , the guy who makes the RMC3 says my DPDT switch
                      is probably going bad.
                      He's sending me a new one.

Comment

Working...
                      X