• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first "real" amp...

finally pulled the trigger on this...

B-52 AT212 100w all tube
    thanx kmanick... for the info, very helpful
    Last edited by semagic; 11-14-2007, 09:47 PM.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

good choice!

Comment

Nice! Those amps are ignored by alot of people because of the price and where they're made, but they do sound pretty good. I haven't played one myself but I heard one of the local guitarists using one and it sounded great (it was unmiked). Most people call it a rectifier clone but I didn't get that at all. The one I heard sounded more Marshall than Mesa. Either way, I was impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
        Nice! Those amps are ignored by alot of people because of the price and where they're made, but they do sound pretty good. I haven't played one myself but I heard one of the local guitarists using one and it sounded great (it was unmiked). Most people call it a rectifier clone but I didn't get that at all. The one I heard sounded more Marshall than Mesa. Either way, I was impressed.
        I think that's the main reason behind my purchasing it... very few people have them (new product type thing) seems to be very solid... i found this link...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Thd9v86I510

i like the tone it was putting out... so i pulled the trigger one.
        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
        Amp... Pioneer
        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

well my friends... it came today... just have enough time to fire it up real quick (make sure it works) and it does , came with just a few battle scars... jewel missing, some screws on the back panel were missing other than that very few nicks on it. i'll post pics (this weekend) of some of the damged areas to get some advise from the experts in here.
          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
          Amp... Pioneer
          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Yeah, highly underrated amps. I've played them on several different occasions, they're excellent considering the price.

Comment

I have the 112 and love it.
              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

well, having more time to play it... the amp kicks ass... i'm no expert, but this sounds so much better the longer i play it (seems to get more defined in tone after a few minutes of playing) than the solid state stuff i've gone with.
                Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                Amp... Pioneer
                Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

well my at212 had internal damage due to shipping... kept popping at differant sound levels. the guys at G.C. in PA. told me to take it to my local G.C. in dfw and they would refund my money. so I took it there and paid the differance on a new at212 at a discounted price, with no hassles. i really dodged a bullet this time. G.C. really stepped up to the plate.
                  Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                  Amp... Pioneer
                  Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

My friend got the head version of that amp a few years ago. It worked for about 6 months. Apparently Q.C. was a big problem for B-52 a few years back, but they've solved it now.

I liked it while it worked. The class switch really made a difference (A, A/B). Congrats on the amp and it's nice to hear GC came through when you had a problem.
                    Scott

Comment

congrats, i tried a b-52 at100 out at gc about a month ago. i loved the tone of it i just couldn't squeeze enough gain out of it. it is a great amp i'm just a high gain freak.

Comment

Working...
                      X